Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
yes it does *

* results may vary :p

the person who has the fastest connection should run the server application. The host should type in localhost (or 127.0.0.1).....and the client asks for the IP from the host.

74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HuH?!?!?!?

Kirby said:
yes it does *

* results may vary :p

the person who has the fastest connection should run the server application. The host should type in localhost (or 127.0.0.1).....and the client asks for the IP from the host.
I didn't understand the net system.... I'll write my friends IP and he'll write mine and will connect or He'll write my IP and I'll open a server for him to connect (If it's like this how can I open a server?)

which one is true?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
One of the persons runs the server. The person who runs the server also has to connect to the server he created using "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as the IP address in their copy of VBALink

The other person connects to that server through the host's IP address

74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kirby said:
One of the persons runs the server. The person who runs the server also has to connect to the server he created using "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as the IP address in their copy of VBALink

The other person connects to that server through the host's IP address
I'M SUCH A BLOCKHEAD!!!! :hdbash: still don't understand!
The one running server must connect to himself too with own IP? Or need to write 127.0.0.1? And the connecting one will write the IP to tools/GDB/wait for connection, right? one more question... Does the one will be server needs to do sth to become a server?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
>>The one running server must connect to himself too with own IP?

correct

>>Or need to write 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 is the person's local IP...the host types that in the tools/GDB dialog. And then on your computer, you type the host's EXTERNAL IP address in that same dialog (yes they are different)

74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kirby said:
>>The one running server must connect to himself too with own IP?

correct

>>Or need to write 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 is the person's local IP...the host types that in the tools/GDB dialog. And then on your computer, you type the host's EXTERNAL IP address in that same dialog (yes they are different)
I opened tools/GDB/wait for connection and wrote the IP 127.0.0.1 It said "waiting for connection on port 127" there is sth wrong... It must write 127.0.0.1 but It writes just 127... I think I wrote it to a wrong place.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
screenshots are always your friends :p

I'm gonna pretend that you are the host. Now this screenshot shows you what your "log" should look like after everything is connected correctly for your machine

now for your client: on your PC (host) goto http://www.whatismyip.com/ and copy that number after the "Your IP is" statement. Now get that number to your friend somehow, and have him type that whole number in at the exact same place you typed in 127.0.0.1 on his VBAlink copy

phew....I give up after this :p

74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At last!

Kirby said:
screenshots are always your friends :p

I'm gonna pretend that you are the host. Now this screenshot shows you what your "log" should look like after everything is connected correctly for your machine

now for your client: on your PC (host) goto http://www.whatismyip.com/ and copy that number after the "Your IP is" statement. Now get that number to your friend somehow, and have him type that whole number in at the exact same place you typed in 127.0.0.1 on his VBAlink copy

phew....I give up after this :p
Thank you a lot Kirby I understood the problem... When I entered link options I can't see thoose options... Sorry for bothering u this much... I'll correct my problem at aywhere else, thank you again.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
[email protected]@yer700 said:
Thank you a lot Kirby I understood the problem... When I entered link options I can't see thoose options... Sorry for bothering u this much... I'll correct my problem at aywhere else, thank you again.
nononono...it was nothing. I suck at giving examples

1 - 14 of 14 Posts