1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VBA-M [svn 878 MFC] info and download

General Info
:
VBA-M is a [Super] Game Boy [Color / Advance] emulator for Windows, Linux & Mac. Here you can get information about the latest development build of the Windows version and download it while you're at it.

Changes in this release:
Mudlord: Fixed sound sampling rate issues, issues with loading settings before spawning the window causing setcooperative error, and screenshots save now.

Download:
VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN878 (click to download)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Squall-Leonhart, I'm liking this new M series of it a lot! But really, this build is still a LOT slower than the old official 1.7 series. I have to use 1.7 on my old Pentium 3 laptop to get fullspeed on most games. Is that just me or is it slower?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its twice as fast as 1.7 on every computer i've tried it on. even duron 1000.

for older computers there is auto frameskipping. improved accuracy takes more power.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hm, well this build seems a fair bit faster than the old on to tell the truth. On my Pentium 4 PC, I can now put on HQ4x with nearly no lag... Maybe this new version was sped up a bit.

And on old PC's I do use frameskipping, but the sound jumps more than 1.7 builds. I'll test this later on my laptop to see if this new version fixed anything major. :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
use xaudio or openal rather then directsound.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you run the setup program or just unpack it to a folder?

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
And though it rarely matters, when you run the installer (the web installer), make sure you run it again afterwards to make sure it got everything. I never thought that could matter, but I did it one time just to satisfy what seemed like a crazy curiousity, and it actually ended up finding more files it needed to update. No idea why it happens, but I've seen it happen a few times now, especially on computers that haven't had a DirectX update in a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.