Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VBA-M [svn 874 MFC] info and download

General Info
:
VBA-M is a [Super] Game Boy [Color / Advance] emulator for Windows, Linux & Mac. Here you can get information about the latest development build of the Windows version and download it while you're at it.

Changes in this release:
Squall Leonhart: Reverted relative folders support, didn't work properly and caused issues with the rom opening, also prevented saving in the same directory as the rom. Added auto frameskipping back in... dunno how its working but it does (Note, opengl has some issues with cpu's with power stepping and auto frameskipping). Also added Pause when inactive back in.
bgk: Fixed MFC
OV2: Compiled release. Fixed Directsound initialization error and completed the pause when inactive code to work with the new audio modes.http://vba-m.mudlord.com/

Thanks to satanic for testing my changes as i made them to get to this release build.

Download:
VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN874 (click to download)

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read the included readme for all dependency requirements.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
This is an english forum so please make an effort to post in english bubba99

· Registered
769 Posts
I'm migrating from "VisualBoyAdvance v1.8.0" to this new version "VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN874" and i don't know if this is a bug from the latest release: if you put the rewind interval to any number the sound and video slutters, example, if i put the rewind interval in "3", every 3 seconds the sound and video slutters, if i put it in "1", every 1 second the sound and video slutters (by "slutter" i mean a short pause in the emulation). For this reason the rewind interval must be in "0" and that means the "rewind" function won't work. Anyone else having this issue...?

Like i said before, i'm migrating to this new version since is being updated regulary and i want to be up-to-date with emulation.

On another note, i kind of miss the "fullscreen menu" on the older "VisualBoyAdvance v1.8.0", in this new version i have to exit fullscreen everytime i want to access the menu. Was there a good reason to remove that feature? ( i know there must be a good reason for it but i'm curious :thumb: )

Spec:
Athlon64 3200+
ATI Radeon HD 4800
2 GB Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate

(Bear in mind that english is not my main language but i tried my best to sound as clear as possible.)

· Registered
6 Posts
I built this on linux for my self so I won't support it. Its from svn877(almost identical to 874) on OpenSuse 11.1 x86 linux incase anybody is to lazy to build it themselves(or doesn't want to download the build environment) and just wants to play around. I've also included a tar.gz archive with paths that should be right, but with that your still responsible for the dependencies. Also Thanks to the vba & vba-m teams for their great work.

vbam opensuse 11.1 from svn 877.rpm

vba-m built on Opensuse 11.1 x86 from svn 877 tar-gzip

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Nothing wrong with providing personal builds from open source SVNs providing you don't claim undue credit or include files (such as BIOS images) which are illegal to distribute or against the rules of this forum. :)

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the mac version is still very much WIP, unless you like SDL via cmd line.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
>.< wtf are you doing online anyway. :D

seriously bro.....

· Registered
19 Posts
does this version support link?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.