Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Server taking to long to respond / no ping response.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately, this has angered several of the developers, I am being pushed to find new hosting.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bugger this, I'm taking DrNach up on his offer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
we moved the site to new servers and I will look into those domains. can someone give me background on them and why they are important? Also, it would be easier for us to maintain if they were subforums of NGEMU and on vbulletin. we could have the subdomains still point to those subforums only, but then everything would be on the same engine.

Details appreciated so I can fix this ASAP.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys bought an emulation network, and you are asking why its important.

w/e you can delete the vba-m sub-domain, I had a full backup created the day before it went down anyway in preparation to move, Keeping my developers happy has driven me to seek hosting elsewhere.

·
Registered
444 Posts
nice, I can't delete my own posts, but others can do so freely

·
Registered
66 Posts
You guys bought an emulation network, and you are asking why its important.

w/e you can delete the vba-m sub-domain, I had a full backup created the day before it went down anyway in preparation to move, Keeping my developers happy has driven me to seek hosting elsewhere.

I am asking what the point is of having those two forums on separate subdomains because those two forums were barely active and had very few posts. It seems to me that having everything on the main ngemu.com forums would result in more traffic. Also, please understand that the seller of this forum to us did not even give us a detail of what all the parts of this forum were and how it was all connected. It was very confusing and it still is.

All I am asking for is some background so we can do the right thing by you guys.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in our case, separate forums were used in order to isolate topics, as bugs, suggestions and developmental updates, as well as giving certain developers who have had bad history with certain emuforums staff (that are no longer staff as it happens) a chance to participate.

Shendo's site on the other hand, is a collection of tools for the PSX, and possibly some other tools, so as to dump the psx bios, or manage memory cards.

@Ruantec's site im nto sure about but its likely a portal for his development on @ES.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
The way we had it setup, the average user does not have to search for hours for a solution.

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
As the co-developer of @es I will answer on @ruantec's behalf as he is unable get online at the moment!

The @ES subforum is extremely important to us!

All links to the @ES download point to the subforums download page! Also the computer programming lessons that created for people to learn are there!

The forum may not get a lot of posts but I for one are there regularly to see what else I can learn from the lessons!

The same site is also a kind of resume link for @ruantec as he is able to show potential employers his work there!

To wrap up the @ES forums are extremely important to us and we feel that by closing them CG has shown our development work is unimportant to CG!

We do ask that if you are not willing to open it again could you please at least make a back-up for us so that when we find a new host we can still have our lessons etc...

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Very interesting thread.....can I at least backup the data of the @es forums? It would be great if I don't have to lose all the data again.

Since I don't have real Internet ATM(using my iPhone) Shadow or Hatorijr may backup the data for me untill I get proper Internet again

@ruantec

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
:lol: He managed to find a way.

Glad you could get here mate to try and save our stuff!

Also just to add to what I have said. I have written numerous posts defending CG's ownership of NGemu and this to me feels like a kick in the teeth after doing so!
There has been a lot of disrespect towards CG from users here but when things like this happen i can no longer blame them for there actions!
:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
both forums are getting restored as they were. we have full back-ups wbefore the server move. I apologize for the delay, but we had no idea if they were being used ebcause of how small they were and how few posts. we also checked referral logs to see traffic and it was minimal.

I will keep you posted on the status.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
vba-m was pushing 6GB's a month for Compile downloads.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
both forums are getting restored as they were. we have full back-ups wbefore the server move. I apologize for the delay, but we had no idea if they were being used ebcause of how small they were and how few posts. we also checked referral logs to see traffic and it was minimal.

I will keep you posted on the status.
Thanks for the answer.... the reason why the traffic was minimal is because it was under development.. first my main app(@ES) took me too much time away to work on the page and second my real life... either way i planned to setup programming courses for everyone.

in conclution i´ll see what i can do in the future with the forums because i´ve been losing alot of data and information which is one of the reasons why people decease to visit the page and also the reason that causes the delays.

anyways i was planning to code my own forums using ASP+AJAX and since the host didn´t support asp.net i was thinking to look for another host.

@ruantec

1 - 20 of 44 Posts