Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember somebody had posted a version of VBA-M with a Mother 3 themed installer on the Mother 3 Translation blog, I'm currently trying to find that version, if somebody could link me to that specific version I would appreciate it.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you won't find it, the build was stored on mudlords site and and was lost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
could I contact mudlord about it though?

EDIT: Mudlord was banned? what did he do?

BTW, how are the timing issues in the latest version of VBA-M? will I be able to do 16-hit combos?

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
Unfortunate, too, that it was lost, considering just about every other version managed to escape deletion (almost makes you want to take it more personally, doesn't it? XD).

Was there something special about this build that caused it to not be included in the back-ups with all the other old/unique stuff? I never heard of it (nor have I ever personally seen a version of VBA-M that included an "installer"), so I'm curious to know more about it, even if I never get the chance to actually see it.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it was a release made specifically to coincide with the release of the mother 3 translation patch, the build was not present on mudlords subsite when i made the backup and moved off of ngemu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got two questions: Why was mudlord banned? Does the latest version of VBA-M fix the timing issues with the battle combo rhythm system?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1. none of your business, sorry.
2. none of the vba versions have it working 100%, the audio core requires rewriting to sync it all up properly.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
Ahh... alright then. So it was basically just a cool little build with maybe some M3 theming on it, nothing more?

And while no VBA version may run it perfectly, recent releases are sufficient enough that 16-hit combos are definitely possible. But as Squall-Leonhart said, it's not 100%, so you'll have to try and overlook the imperfections. Give it a shot and see for yourself :)

·
Banned
7 Posts
Thought I would explain some things.

1) Yes I was banned, the reasons of which will remain in the past, as they belong.
2) The release was just made to coincide with Mother 3. The only notable thing it
had was UPS support (which is now in all VBA-M releases), and a custom installer,
which was programmed from scratch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.