Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are probably tired of noobs asking for help with this, but please bear with me. I am trying to link pokemon red and blue so I can get all three starting pokemon. I have done everything listed below, but I still get the "this area is reserved for two friends linked by cable" message. Here is what I have done:

downloaded and unzipped VBA version 1.8 in new folder
put both roms and save files for each (renamed to .sa1 and .sa2) in said folder
started two instances of VBA Link
changed save format to 128 flash
unchecked "pause while inactive"
used different joypad controls for each

i cannot figure out what i am missing. Does vbalink not work with red and blue? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you didn't read the vba-l site, did you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i did. i read both the front page and the single computer specific help page. i followed everything i could find that they said to do. I also found other guides that explained how to do it, but i found nothing that said to do something beyond what i have done

Obviously, i am missing something.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yes, i did. i read both the front page and the single computer specific help page. i followed everything i could find that they said to do. I also found other guides that explained how to do it, but i found nothing that said to do something beyond what i have done

Obviously, i am missing something.
Yes, indeed.

Take a closer look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. i guess i was only focusing on the troubleshooting pages. i could have sworn that i read of someone who was trading between old and red though.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
There's two different reds just by the way, there's the old Red, and there's it's GBA remake called Fire Red.

·
Registered
7 Posts
is there anything in the works that might get the older pokemon games working for linking capabilities or is it a do without situation?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use No$GB (as opposed to No$GBA)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
As in use a different emulator...in this case no$gmb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts