Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I've got a problem with VBA Link 1.8.0 beta 0 and with all the GBA Pokémon games. :(

With Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald (all with wireless capabilities), I can use VBA Link as long as I enable the Wireless Adapter emulation. As for link cable emulation, something wrong occurs, either its Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald, and the game tells me there was a link connection problem and advises to me to shut the power off and on again to check if the problems persists.

First, I'm at the beginning of each game since I'm just willing to perform some tests before I go try Hamatchi and play with others.
Second, I've changed all the necessary options to make VBA Link theoretically work without problems (disabling inactive windows pausing option and changing save file format to Flash 128K for FRLG). I've also tried to change the timeout but to no avail. Changing the link option from "Network" to "Single Computer" won't do the job either.

I tried it on the same PC, linking two of the games with the "Network" and the "Single Computer" options. Shouldn't it work when using either with the link cable emulation? It's because it does so when emulating the Wireless Adapter.

BTW, I'm using Windows 7 build 7100 and a D-Link DIR-615 router.

I hope you can help me since this problem is getting on my nerves. :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
don't even bother. unless you have atleast 20mb the game will run so slow it won't be playable. also, trading does not work at the start of the game. I've never had a problem with linking, just make sure audio syncing is enabled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
don't even bother. unless you have atleast 20mb the game will run so slow it won't be playable. also, trading does not work at the start of the game. I've never had a problem with linking, just make sure audio syncing is enabled.
Hmm..., 20 MB = 20 Mbps, right? If so, my Internet connection can theoretically reach a maximum of 18 Mbps, so that might be the thing.

Well, about trading, I forgot to mention that I did manage to get the Pokédex on every game. Not that I'll use VBA Link for trading most of the time but to battle in a similar way to Wi-Fi battling in the DS games, since I'll be using a Hamatchi server for that purpose. :thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
is your upload the same as your download? because thats where the real frame hit occurs.

same goes for your friends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is your upload the same as your download? because thats where the real frame hit occurs.

same goes for your friends.
Not by a chance. My upload speed is considerably lower when compared to the download speed and by far.

But if I only play the games with wireless capabilities (FRLG and Emerald) and advise my friends to use them only as well, will I have any problem? This is, when using the Wireless Adapter emulation along with the games.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.