Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded this emulator yesterday and I'm trying to connect to my friend who lives in another state. We want to play against each other. We both have broadband. In the IP section, do I put their IP address or do I put theirs? How exactly does it work? Thanks in advance. :thumb:

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
I believe that one of you has to start and not put in any IP (in order to act as server), then the other one puts in the 1st person's IP. Also, I'm poretty sure you have to connect BEFORE loading a game. I've never tried connecting to someone via IP with VBA link, but I've done 2 copies on one PC and I've done IP connecting with other games, so this is an educated guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you ahve VBA with LAN you should go to options on the Emulator.after you open options go tolink and then a box should appear.there should be 2 things that you should bubble in .bubble in LAN and tehn restart your whole computer.(P.S. make the people your trying to connect do the same)when its on again open the VBA file not the player and choose VBA server it should open a window that should say select # of player<2-4>put as many people that will play(2,3,or 4,) then press enter it should give the 1 person that is doing that an IP LAN adress(only one person should do the thing with the VBA server).now that person will open the emulatorand the other people should of restarted there computers like i said in the beginning.now open the emulator player and go to options then link.the option things under LAN should now be selectable. bubble in how many players and then all the people should put the IP adress that 1 person had.when all the people are connected there should be a box that says something about being connected then select the muliplayer ROM you all have and you should all be able to play.(if you dont have VBA with LAN check my signature for the website to get it)

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
SOMETHINGSOAD said:
if you ahve VBA with LAN you should go to options on the Emulator.after you open options go tolink and then a box should appear.there should be 2 things that you should bubble in .bubble in LAN and tehn restart your whole computer.(P.S. make the people your trying to connect do the same)when its on again open the VBA file not the player and choose VBA server it should open a window that should say select # of player<2-4>put as many people that will play(2,3,or 4,) then press enter it should give the 1 person that is doing that an IP LAN adress(only one person should do the thing with the VBA server).now that person will open the emulatorand the other people should of restarted there computers like i said in the beginning.now open the emulator player and go to options then link.the option things under LAN should now be selectable. bubble in how many players and then all the people should put the IP adress that 1 person had.when all the people are connected there should be a box that says something about being connected then select the muliplayer ROM you all have and you should all be able to play.(if you dont have VBA with LAN check my signature for the website to get it)
OOOOOKKKKKKK.........

Let's put it in a simpler way ;)

1) whoever has the fastest broadband connection will want to be the host. That person will want to run the server program (vbaserver.exe)....set how many players, and then the server should be running, open for connections

2) have the host go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and copy down the IP address that shows.....that IP will have to be given to every other player who wants to connect

3a) for the host : In VBA, select Options ---> Link. Click on the LAN ratio, and restart if it requests you to. Then select the ratio button for the number of people who will be playing on the host server (including you). In the Server IP address textbox, try typing in 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' and click Connect (the main idea here is to connect to the server that is being hosted on your own machine.....the public IP will not work)

3b) for the client(s) : In VBA, select Options ---> Link. Click on the LAN ratio, and restart if it requests you to. Then select the ratio button for the number of people who will be playing on the host server (including the host). In the Server IP address textbox, type in the IP address that the host gave you and click Connect

4) Load the game and see if it works :) (fyi....all the people connected will need to use the exact same rom dump as the host)

hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I know this threat may be dead, but I have a slight question.... what if my VBA doesn't have link under the option menu and it is the 1.7.2.560 version, so it is not the old version..... any help would be appreciated.... ty..:drool:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
then you google the VBA Link website and download a version that has link

·
Shadow Gamer ;)
1,484 Posts
Hi, I know this threat may be dead, but I have a slight question.... what if my VBA doesn't have link under the option menu and it is the 1.7.2.560 version, so it is not the old version..... any help would be appreciated.... ty..:drool:
In other words, you can't link with it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are trying to play with a friend not in one PC or not in the same LAN network then follow my steps:
1.download the latest VBA link LAN/Wifi edition
2.download latest Hamachi client
3.create or join a network on Hamachi (2 Player or more)
4.all players open VBA link and go to Options>link>setting
5.One of the players go to server and host a game
6.all other players go to client and enter the host HAMACHI'S IP address not his normal one(u can see it near his name on hamachi)
7.now all players are connected
8.have fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.