Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been playing Fire Red for a couple of days now on VBA link 1.8 and have been using save states (shift + f1). I've gotten to a point where I want to trade my Haunter with myself to get a Gengar, but I cannot save the game. I've set the save type to Flash 128k etc, and I haven't been able to get it to work. When I try to save in game it says "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory."

I downloaded VBA (regular) 1.7.2 and noticed that I am able to save the game normally and don't get the 1m circuit board thing when I set it to flash 128k. Is there any way to convert my save from vba link 1.8 to normal vba 1.7.2? I want to be able to save once I get to the Elite Four and this seems like the only way I'll be able to do it.

I've tried gameshark exports, battery file exports, etc., but I cannot get it to work. I have another friend who is in the same position as me right now. We don't want to start over.

Also, will we be able to trade with 1.7.2, or is there a better route I could be taking?

Thanks.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts

Hm....This also happened to me, but I fixed the filters and then I went to Options >Save Type >and picked the one that my computer and the ROM fit.
In your case, it should be EEPROM or Flash (their are two different kind) mess with the flash kinds to see which one that works.
Pokemon and Final Fantasy ROMS only (at least from what I'm told and that they actually work for me) work on EEPROM and Flash.

If yous till have problems, please post them again and I'll help you further.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
gba pokemon games are flash 128K

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Oy!
I knew it was between the two :p
I spent amany hours working on it while the internet was down, I figure out which save type let any kind of games save
:p
Well, there ya go, pal/gal, that's the problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
TGB Dual or No$GB
No$GBA doesnt seem to load original gb games for me :/ though tgb did seem to work sorta.. give errors when moving thefile back to GBA emu.. but it did load.. so thats something i think lol

thanks for the TGB though didnt know about it :thumb:

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
its amazing, so many people are missing alot of emulator history in not knowing about No$GB

·
Registered
102 Posts
its amazing, so many people are missing alot of emulator history in not knowing about No$GB
probably because its not wildly known about or shown, its not on here or a search for "No$GB " brought up zero

zophar brought up No$GMB which i assume its not the same? or is it? if it isnt anychance of a link?

emulator-zone doesnt show it

seems like me most people find one good one and stay with it, me i stick with pj64,nulldc,VBA,snes9x,neorage,SFF because they work for most stuff, then dont bother looking for others..

shame on me i know :(

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
No$GMB IS it's name....Squall's mistake...

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
ooops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NO$GMB

·
Registered
1 Posts
to go back a few posts - i've been using normal VBA, on a mac. got pretty far with both Emerald and LeafGreen, now want to trade between, so I got VBALink 1.72 and a friend with a PC.

Renamed the savefiles to .sa1 and .sa2, appropriately, made a trade, saved the games, then moved everything back to my Mac... opened up the Mac VBA, and the game wasn't saved post-trade. So I try to open up the game in VBALink, see it's not saved there either.

So - set it as Flash, 128K? And that will do the trick?

Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.