Next Generation Emulation banner

Which is better: "Vandal Hearts" or FF9?

• Vandal Hearts

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • FF9

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have played "Vandal Hearts"? If you have please rate it as being a more or less fun game than FF9. Please do not consider graphics in your assessment. "Vandal Hearts" was made quite a while before FF9 and does not have the obviously superior level of graphics FF9 is capable of. So stick to your opinion of the basic story and game play:cool:

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Final Fantasy IX. :)

...but ill consider getting Vandal Hearts this Christmas. :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
If you're talking about the original Vandal Hearts, I would say Vandal Hearts is significantly better. Here is a comparison of the games based on your criteria:

Story: FF9's is literally just FF7 and FF8, with pretty much the weaker elements of both. Really. Vandal Hearts has my favorite story out of any strategy game but Final Fantasy Tactics, and is actually fairly similar (they're both pretty strange).

Gameplay: FF9 has typical RPG gameplay. Very easy. With four player parties, slightly more strategy involved than the previous two Fantasies (although not really). Vandal Hearts has an interesting class system kind of like Shining Force's, but with a selection of two classes. With the number of characters and the completely different classes you can be (one class choice is very different, a spectacular monk or a magic dealing sorcerer. Another lets you be either a sniper or a winged swordsman (erm...k)), there are quite a few different possibilities for the team and variation for replay. Vandal Hearts is also fairly challenging, so if you don't choose your strategies and classes well, you'll really be hurting later on.

You didn't mention another category, but I'll say the music in FF9 is considerably better than Vandal Hearts.

Overall, if you don't care about the graphics, Vandal Hearts is the one I would suggest.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
If you're talking about the original Vandal Hearts, I would say Vandal Hearts is significantly better. Here is a comparison of the games based on your criteria:

Story: FF9's is literally just FF7 and FF8, with pretty much the weaker elements of both. Really. Vandal Hearts has my favorite story out of any strategy game but Final Fantasy Tactics, and is actually fairly similar (they're both pretty strange).

Gameplay: FF9 has typical RPG gameplay. Very easy. With four player parties, slightly more strategy involved than the previous two Fantasies (although not really). Vandal Hearts has an interesting class system kind of like Shining Force's, but with a selection of two classes. With the number of characters and the completely different classes you can be (one class choice is very different, a spectacular monk or a magic dealing sorcerer. Another lets you be either a sniper or a winged swordsman (erm...k)), there are quite a few different possibilities for the team and variation for replay. Vandal Hearts is also fairly challenging, so if you don't choose your strategies and classes well, you'll really be hurting later on.

You didn't mention another category, but I'll say the music in FF9 is considerably better than Vandal Hearts.

Overall, if you don't care about the graphics, Vandal Hearts is the one I would suggest.
funny how noone's voted for Vandal Hearts yet...:wink:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I do check out the standings every once in a while. However, in a poll like this, the results are fairly obvious, if only because of name recognition.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Dark Watcher
Figured we would throw on in for Vandal.....Nothing beats being a "Vandalier"
In the words of the great Dr. Bazer, "Thank you for you imput, but next time think before you speak (post)!":D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts