Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't play the game yet, but looking forward to get it soon.Anyone played it ? You impressions ?

EDIT: Can someone tell the minimum system requirements ?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I didn't even know it was out yet. Hmmm well the specs should be pretty close to what HL2's are. Maybe a little lower? I'll look into it.

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They should be lower.It is the "Source" engine, but not at it's best.
Altough the graphics are good , overall.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hopes its lower than HL2 so it looks good and runs smooth :) Been looking forward to it for quite sometime now and from the previews i've read its gonna be great :thumb:

EDIT: Found the specs

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX® 9.0c-compatible 64MB video card and drivers
1.2 GHz Athlon(tm) or 1.2 GHz Pentium® III processor or higher
384MB of RAM (512MB of RAM recommended)
Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
Quad-Speed CD-ROM drive (600 K/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
3.3 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files and saved games (plus 1.4 GB for Windows® swap file)
100% DirectX® 9.0-compatible 16-bit sound card and drivers
100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible mouse, keyboard, and drivers
DirectX® 9.0c (Included)

Supported Chipsets for 98/ME/2000/XP

All ATI® Radeon® Chipsets
All NVIDIA® GeForce(tm) Chipsets
Matrox® Parhelia(tm) Chipset"

So basically the same as HL2 I think

·
Registered
391 Posts
Supposedly the game doesn't look as good as HL2 but it's still good looking. Just because it's built on Steam doesn't mean it's fantastic. I'm picking this game on the weekend so I'l be able to give my impressions then. Some people are equating it to Deus Ex as in it didn't look all that great but the game was still awesome.

·
Registered
858 Posts
i have this game!
that facial animations are amazing, im yet to play halflife 2 though so i cant really compare gfx, but the gfx in vampires are very good :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does anyone know how long this game is supposed to be? Since it's an RPG I'm expecting more than 40 hours of play but none of the previews have mentioned length.

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
The developers said about 60 hours of play.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
This game looks great! I just had to post this screenshot :D mmmm shaders :drool:

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Whats it like Razor Blade? Really tempted in getting it.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
LOL. I don't have it; That's a screen I saw on the internet :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Oh, anyone got it? That screenshot is simple oO

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
NP ;)

I've found 2 reviews from the usual suspect on this game:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/review.html
http://pc.ign.com/articles/567/567009p3.html

Gamespot says combat is clunky, IGN says the AI are stupid....
Never fully trusted these game sites about their review so I'm gonna wait what you guys have to say cause I've been waiting all year for a great rpg on the PC.

If this game is not as good as it seems I'll probably going to buy the NWN Platinum edition ;)

·
Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shlub said:
Hopes its lower than HL2 so it looks good and runs smooth :) Been looking forward to it for quite sometime now and from the previews i've read its gonna be great :thumb:

EDIT: Found the specs

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX® 9.0c-compatible 64MB video card and drivers
1.2 GHz Athlon(tm) or 1.2 GHz Pentium® III processor or higher
384MB of RAM (512MB of RAM recommended)
Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
Quad-Speed CD-ROM drive (600 K/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
3.3 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files and saved games (plus 1.4 GB for Windows® swap file)
100% DirectX® 9.0-compatible 16-bit sound card and drivers
100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible mouse, keyboard, and drivers
DirectX® 9.0c (Included)

Supported Chipsets for 98/ME/2000/XP

All ATI® Radeon® Chipsets
All NVIDIA® GeForce(tm) Chipsets
Matrox® Parhelia(tm) Chipset"

So basically the same as HL2 I think
Won't run on my PC.I have only 256 MB RDRAM PC800 :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
didamangi said:
NP ;)

I've found 2 reviews from the usual suspect on this game:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/review.html
http://pc.ign.com/articles/567/567009p3.html

Gamespot says combat is clunky, IGN says the AI are stupid....
Never fully trusted these game sites about their review so I'm gonna wait what you guys have to say cause I've been waiting all year for a great rpg on the PC.

If this game is not as good as it seems I'll probably going to buy the NWN Platinum edition ;)
I always thought they were alright untill I read the HL2 review and saw the score and checked what games got more than it oO (on gamespot anyway)

I'll be getting it in the next few days I hope, though i'll be getting pro evo 4 for pc too so I'll be playing that alot :)

And thats a shame about probably not running on your pc excaliber, rams pretty cheap nowadays so you could upgrade if you got a bit of spare cash :)

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Let me know if it's a good rpg then ;)

BTW, PES4 is delayed though right? To 26 November.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's alright. The controls are a little etchy. For example, you tap the 'Forward' button and you take like 3 steps instead of one in most FPSes. I didn't like that alot. Also, when you started the game, the dude that helps you said that 'You cannot kill people who are innocent, otherwise you'll lose a bit of your humanity. But if that person is pointing a shotty at your head, by all means **** him up!' But when I tried to defend myself from an officer from killing me (Psh! Yeah right! XD) I killed him and lost a bit of my humanity...

But then again, I was breaking and entering a blood bank. x)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Still have to play Vampire: The masquerade. I have it for more than 2 years and never got far with it :( It was either too difficult or I got an other game I preferred at that moment, so I forgot about Vampire. I did like the story and graphics for that time :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts