Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This game plays well. However, whenever there is voice acted speech, sometimes the emu will not load the sound. Therefore, the game cannot progress. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Use Eternal 1.5 plug-in and activate the Valkyrie profile especific options in it, also use Audio Output Method SPUasync - smooth

·
Registered
2 Posts
It didn't have the opposite effect for me, it just flat out did nothing. I'm getting quite sick of Arngrim's chapter, and I'd really love to progress though the game, but none of the SPUs seem to reliably solve this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41, with the VP options on, and although this bug happens sometimes, I just reset and load the game again until it works.
Try not using savestates, and either skipping through the dialogues or not skipping at all (with the R1+action button)...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've used Eternal SPU 1.41 AND 1.5 Beta, and neither seem to solve the problem.

Currently I'm trying it in PSXeven and i've been successful in bypassing the original part with the problem, not to mention PSXeven seems to render the effects much more authentically, so that's an unexpected bonus.

Anyway, we'll see how this goes. I not going to keep my hopes up, because there's so much that could still go wrong, but I'm glad to, at least, move past where I was originally stuck.

And for the record, I had stopped using savestates in ePSXe to no avail. Same problems, random places.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the same problem. I just create a save state a few seconds before the freeze, and just keep load state-ing when it freezes. after about 50 tries one of them finally goes through.
also, Changing the sound method to 'wavemapper' and sound type to 'simple' seems to help a little.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the Eternal-something plugin has two options specific for VP; you should enable it.

also about the choppy VP sound; i think i've solved the problem. i use an ISO now and there isn't any problem at all; the sound plays fine without interruptions.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Do not hijack other peoples threads,
and especially if it is old and it doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

For cheating you can use PEC, if you have any questions make your own thread.

·
Resistance is futile
248 Posts
This game plays well. However, whenever there is voice acted speech, sometimes the emu will not load the sound. Therefore, the game cannot progress. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance.
ok this is the way i configure my plugin to play and finish this those game..

there are two main plugin to configure..

1st - gfx plugin i use Pete's D3D DX6 plugin.. fallow this.. click the nice botton.. check the gamefix --> here check all but the killer loop.. i check the scanline enable to make the poor gfx make better like tv i say..

2nd - sound plugin i use is internal epsx sound plugin.. i found a little speech cutoff while at the world map..

that all i use for all my game.. you will not see a better gfx but as long as you can finish the game with less trouble.. try it.. hope it do well with your emulator..

·
Registered
5 Posts
im at the beginning of chapter 3, trying to recruit kashell and every time it gets to where valkyrie says "yes, the right to life" there is no sound and i cant advance. ive done a search and have tried many suggestions from everyone, but nothing seems to make the sound come back on that part. this has happened to me before in the game and it somehow fixed itself when i started at the beginning of the segment.

im using epsxe 1.60 with the eternal 1.5 and peops soft gpu 1.7.

is there any way to switch it over from espsxe to finish playing it on psx emu?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just started playing this game again. I use Pete's OpenGL 1.76 on 'Nice' setting, and then for sound I use Eternal SPU 1.41. I changed the Audio out method in it's options to SPUasync, and set it's mode to Simple. I also changed my buffer size to 30 to try and alleviate a little problem I had with an occasional popping sound in voices (that didn't work so well but I didn't care enough to keep messing with it). The two special game fixes for VP in it I also checked.

I hope this can help someone else out there. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
With this game, I have a problem. The overdubs are horrifyingly cheesy in the prologue. How do I make them better?!

j/k

My real question is, the voiceovers cut themselves short. How do I rememedy this?

(Bah, I hate english overdubs, I wish they hadn't added them...)

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41, with the VP options on
I played through the entire game without problems, thought I had to increase the sound buffer. I could even hear the very long speeches without any problems:

Direct Sound
Buffer Size: 100

SPUasync -> Smooth
Reverb: Neill's

fixes both VP one's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lol, first a jab at Lunar's voice-overs, now VP's (funny, because I heard a lot of people liked the voiceovers for this game). :p Maybe you should redo them and make them better.

Try doing what I suggested in my previous post, mingled with fireblaster_lyz's suggestion (SPUasync set to smooth with a buffer of 32). I was having very minor popping with my suggestion and when I tried what fire said, I didn't get anything abnormal for the rest of the time I played it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol, first a jab at Lunar's voice-overs, now VP's (funny, because I heard a lot of people liked the voiceovers for this game). :p Maybe you should redo them and make them better.
I love the overdubs when she's in Valhalla, but when her and that boy run away, whle she's still alive... Blegh. Horrible, some of the worst and unfitting voiceovers I've ever heard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.