Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valkyrie Profile

ePSXe 1.7.0
All plugins are default, Video plugin I used was Pete's DXD(not sure about the name)
Hardware Specs:
Athlone 64 X2 4600+ @ 2.52GHz
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro(Display Driver: 9.2)

Not sure if someone posted this game already...
I played this game on both maxed and fast settings, it runs quite good, usually no slowdowns. Noticable is the wicked tearing, a VSync function would be necessary to get rid of that.
One problem I noticed is the extreme lag in battles(on both settings) whenever Freya uses her finishing blow. Once she charges, the screen will freeze, but the sound will still play. The charging graphic will be skipped, so the player will see the explosion next.
Another problem are dialogues, some sentences are bugged; usually evey let's say 20th word will be doubled.
Despite those problems, the game is fully playable

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Since this is a 2D game use peops and at stretching choose HQ3X stretched for example. (though you should experiment and choose what you like just be sure it says "stretching" not "unstreching".)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
....what i meant was the D3D plugins are known to be broken substantially on ATI cards (optimised for nvidia), where as the OpenGL plugins are only limited by whether the extensions are ok, and the memory is defined

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How nice of you to answer, but I'm actually playing VP on pSX since it looks much better there + no tearing because of VSync.
I only posted the compatibility report so the developers know which games work (better) or don't.
But thank you anyway

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
nobody cares for incorrect compatibility sheets then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts