Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The game runs perfect except for one thing:

In battle sequences, the screen does not get updated if the characters (ally or enemy) are not doing an action (e.g. attacking -- that means if you push SELECT to enter the battle menu or simply do nothing, the screen doesn't get updated). I've tried all GPU plugins available and all of them had the same glitch. ePSXe problem?

My system is an AMD K6-2/500 with 144 MB of RAM, with a Trident 3DImàge 975 AGP video board with 4 MB of RAM.

Attached is a screen shot of the battle scene -- the screen will remain like that until a character takes action.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This game is known to have problems under epsxe and other emulators though I don't know about vgs. Sorry, you'll just have to wait and hope like the rest of us!

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
It's a known problem that Valkirie Profile has some bugs, mainly ePSXe core bugs, so that's mostly nothing you can do about it.

A bit of brazilian talking
Ah, já que és brasileiro, esse seu micro parece aquele que o governo tava montando :lol: . Não é muito bom pra jogos (na verdade tô até impressionado) mas não se chateie muito com ele, ele vai te chatear bastante ainda...:D Seja bemvindo e por favor, leia as regras do forum antes de qualquer coisa, nunca discuta coisas consideradas ilegais, como onde conseguir jogos ou bios do psx, aqui ninguém gosta disso. Ademais, bemvindo ao forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it IS an ePSXe problem then...

I should have known it. Before I could get it to run (needed to enable CDR-timing and can't start from BIOS), it entered an infinite loop in the first dialog scene, with Freya, Odin and Valkyrie...

Well, thanks for your time. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bit more of Brazilian talking

Com certeza, esse micro parece coisa do governo mesmo... ;) Mas, eu dou o meu jeito... é mais difícil eu conseguir arrancar 60fps desse micro em qualquer jogo do PSX do que eu ganhar na loteria! :D Uso emuladores de PSX só porque sou um fanático por emulação... mesmo tendo um PSX 'de verdade'.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
This game is known to have problems under epsxe and other emulators though I don't know about vgs. Sorry, you'll just have to wait and hope like the rest of us!
no problems except for the 3d map, and the whirlpool FMV glitch. It uses gameshark codes to pass by the 3d map problem, while the FMV glitch can be passed by using epsxe or bleem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the plugins I used...

with ePSXe here (Pete's Soft GPU 1.53) didn't show any graphic glitches anywhere up to where I played, except the one I mentioned.

The 'whirlpool' effect (if it is what I'm thinking -- that in the Tri-Ace logo and in the "PROFILE Project" words) works fine, and so does the 3D map.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
no....what i meant by the whirlpool is the FMV shown during the scene of one of the charas you pick up (the mermaid if im not mistaken)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm..

Por que somos nós falar brazilian? haha

anyhoo...Pete's Soft does indeed work well except for battles...we will attempt to see how these areas perform under ADRIpsx and FPSE

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Hi, Takuma. You may want to check out this thread and also this thread for details on how other PSX emus fare with Valkyrie Profile.

...by the way, nice name !! :D ...good ol' Takuma is one of my favorite SNK characters...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well...

...first off, thanks for all the replies.
Second, to DarkWatcher: Did you use translation software to get that phrase? ;)
And also, thanks to sights for the 'nice name'... and yes, Takuma is my all-time favorite fighting character, with Zangief as a close second.
Then, at last, but not least: I didn't experience freezes in the prologue or in the audience with Odin, using Pete's ASPI CDR plugin with CDR timing on, with the SCPH-1001 BIOS. Also I went through the 3D map thing without crashes. But I have a question on that: In what specific situation does ePSXe crash? (3D map)

*UPDATE* I played through the audience with Odin again to make sure I hadn't just lucked out in the first time... (man it's painfully slow, I was playing it with an average 25/60 fps).

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Actually, the 3D map is displayed correctly in ePSXe (as stated in the thread links in my previous post ;) ) ...it is VGS that has trouble with the 3D map (pity, because at the moment, only VGS is capable of handling the battles).

I also tried Pete's CDR plugin with CDR timing on, but it still freezes in my computer :( ...it must be my old & crusty cd-rom I guess...

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
..thanks Takuma, but I do not use ePSXe to play Valkyrie Profile at all (since the only thing that performs well with that emu is the world map). I prefer to use VGS - the only problem is the crash at the 3D map, which of course can be remedied with the well known "pec hex value" method plus the "save only when facing the top of the sky on the world map" method ;)

here is my own memcard (I've attached this in an older thread too) for anyone who wants to start playing with VGS at the earliest save point possible...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... to me everything does just fine except for battles (and in most RPG games we fight a lot...) and... I might check VGS if I were to buy it... I won't though, my system wouldn't make the investment worthwhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts