Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me what those X and Os mean right bellow the "Attack" value of a weapon? It isn't listed on the manual and, from what I've experienced, it's not related to the number of hits it can perform. Does anyone know what those symbols are about?

Thanks in advance,
Omegainf

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
hmm i borrowed this game a while ago let me see if i can remember.

its like, your combo attack. in battle press that combo of buttons

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's how many attacks you can do with the weapon. O X X = First Attack, No Second, No third (in a row). When you use a sword with O O O = First, Second and Third Attacks.

It goes a little something like this, if you equip Valkyrie with a sword that has O X O she can hit with two attacks. Her first and Third normal strikes. You have to press the button twice (or three times, memories fuzzy) to get those two attacks. The reason its significant is that differnet characters do different attacks in the three 'normal' attacks. One of the early characters you get has a big big sword, and his second attack might be an overhead swing, while his first attack might be a stab. So if you're fighting air attacking enemies look for a weapon that does X O X or X O O to make sure his striek will hit upward instead of forward where its useless.

A weapon like the one that girl is using (the wand) that has X X X means no attacks I believe (memories still fuzzy).

So you have Xross Triangle Circle and Square to attack with all four characters. 3 of your characters have O X X weapons and one has an O X O weapon. That one with the O X O will be able to do an extra hit IF you remember to press thei button twice. The others will only do one hit regardless of how many times you press the button. You'll get a feel for it, and get some crazy juggling combo's goin on (or you'll die trying since enemies LOVE to block after that first daze wears off from the first hit).

If you find an O O O weapon and are using an O X X weapon, usually the O O O weapon 'looks' weaker (less thrust and hit damage) but its only that way to balance it out, since you can do three strieks with the O O O and only one with the O X X.

At least, thats how it goes if memory serves; it's been a LOOOOONG time. Hope it helped.

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Still gotta finish this game...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.