Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone

I'm currently using epsxe 1.5.2 and use the graphic/audio setting of FFIX from Kane's website.

However, everything works well except for the graphics; when I enters with desktop resolution 640x480 there's like invisible huge square tiles filling the screens which makes the pictures and movement very awkward.

So I try with 1024x768, it looks a little better but still has those rectangle shapes filling the screen.

Is there anyway to make it better? Or what setting should I be using to make this game graphic optimum.

Thank you guys for all the help, really appreciated. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
I think waht you are getting at is the warping of textures and the jumping of polys. This cannot be fixed as it is a limitation of the PSX H/W
 

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
Joined
·
21,979 Posts
mind posting a screen shot? i have no idea what you're getting at.
 

·
I'm in despair!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
I think waht you are getting at is the warping of textures and the jumping of polys. This cannot be fixed as it is a limitation of the PSX H/W
Don't think so, VP is a 2D game. Most likely, he has filtering issues.

Exon,
Can you post the settings you're using for the GPU plugin?

[]s Badaro
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,093 Posts
2D? PEOPs is what you are looking for, then.
 

·
Back to regular business
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
ePSXe HW plugins + 2D = Nono. You'll always get artefacts that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
F-3582 said:
ePSXe HW plugins + 2D = Nono. You'll always get artefacts that way.
well i played thru entire chrono trigger in opengl and it was fine! lot better than peops.. :) No artifacts. So it totally depends on the game.
 

·
I'm in despair!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
F-3582 said:
ePSXe HW plugins + 2D = Nono. You'll always get artefacts that way.
Not really. In my experience, only filtering causes issue with 2D games and HW plugins.

[]s Badaro
 

·
Back to regular business
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
Badaro said:
Not really. In my experience, only filtering causes issue with 2D games and HW plugins.

[]s Badaro
Of course, but then it would look blocky. PEOpS Soft uses the video memory to draw the screen and your graphics card filters it without a performance loss.
 

·
I'm in despair!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
F-3582 said:
Of course, but then it would look blocky. PEOpS Soft uses the video memory to draw the screen and your graphics card filters it without a performance loss.
On the other hand, some 2D games mix 3D effects that look really good with HW plugins. ;)

[]s Badaro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Badaro said:
On the other hand, some 2D games mix 3D effects that look really good with HW plugins. ;)

[]s Badaro
Yeah so does Valkyrie Profile and If I remember correctly it makes the magic use look worse.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top