Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
hushypushy said:
by the way, this crash is caused by the OGL2 plugin. not by sound config or emulator. just FYI.

Erm... this is not a plugin problem, its an EPSXE problem. I mean, even with peops plugin, some ppl have this problem. And some of them (like me) use the OGL 2 plugin, and the game works perfect (and believe me! I've beaten this game more than once!).

This problem is actually a timing problem. Thats why sometimes it works if you just disable the frame limiter. If the game is running at about 80 FPS or more, it won't freeze, 'cause at a higher framerate the timing is diferent. Changing the sound plugin sometimes help, since it also changes the timing.

But the best thing to do is using PSXeven for this game!!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well i was playing with PSXeven and OGL2 and i got this crash. when i used a different plugin it went away ;)

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I've played that game a whole lot in epsxe 1.5.2 and it never ever crashed! I used ogl 1.75 which I think is better anyway :D, it's possible to get the sound perfect aswell, you need to increase the buffer size in eternal SPU though, otherwise it'll get cut of in the longer speeches.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
ePSXe1.5.2 works fine :p my point was that OGL2 doesnt work for that one little scene.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Don't you realize this problem is diferent for each ppl? For me, just by disabling the frame limiter does the trick, AND LIKE I SAID, I FINISHED THIS GAME USING OGL2. And this crash happens on ANY video plugin I tried, including the PEOPS one. But diferent computers produces diferent effetcs. For example: on my causin's computer, this crash happens because of the sound plugin. On my friend's computer, this crash happens only when using EPSXE, but not when using PSXeven.

This kind of problem is quite common: it produces diferent effects for each ppl. Its like the Deus crash on Xenogears when using VGS, or the problems with FF8 (on epsxe) most ppl seems to have. I mean, I've beaten FF8 on epsxe without any problem!

There's not a formula for this kind of problems. Just do some experiments untill you figured it out!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts