Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a certain point (To be exact, it's a black screen with the text, "The dust looked to have been kicked up by a group of Artolian Cavalry" in the beginning of the game) it freezes.

I tried configuring the sounds, and I tried using versions other than 1.6.0, but still, nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Are you using the CD or an ISO? Have you checked the console to see if any error messages are displayed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm loading an .img file, so I'm assuming it's a CD file. Also, no error messages are displayed.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
NozX said:
I'm loading an .img file, so I'm assuming it's a CD file. Also, no error messages are displayed.
Wrong quote, neithon.
What do mean it's a cd file? It is an image made from a disc. :smash:

Perhaps a bad disc coverted to an iso created this problem. Try remaking it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
what i meant is he didn't know if it was a cd or an iso, so i figured, he wasn't the person that made the iso, and if he wasn't the person who made the iso, then who did?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
:hdbash:

Sorry, I somehow got my English Language screwed up.
Yes, you are correct and someone got to close this post right?

My advice:
READ THE RULES.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Well it could be another case of this:
cmstsyd said:
I don’t know have to make an ISO, I have tried to mage an img-file with CloneCD, but I don’t know have to make an ISO. And I don’t know what ioctl scsi commands is.
I don't think that there is any concrete proof that the ISO was downloaded, until then I'm not closing this thread.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the same problem, the game freezes sometimes at diferent moments, and after 10 hours of playing, so I don't think that the problem is a bad iso nor a scratched cd. It appears to be at the start of some speeches.
I've tried different plugins,starting from the CD or from the iso and the problem persists.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I've played through this game ( I had sound problems at first but fixed them and after that everything worked perfectly)

use epsxe 1.5.2 with eternal sound plugin neil's reverb, special fix for Valkyrie profile, and also you need to increase the sound buffer size ( 99 or so maybe ) otherwise voices will be screwed up. Aslo make sure you make a good image from original CD because it appears to be sensitive.

BTW use the p.e.o.p.s soft for graphic otherwise some stuff will be missing at certain places.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
This happens on some parts. My advice is: save often. And when u are in a point where the game freezes, TURN THE FRAME RATE LIMITER OFF BEFORE THIS POINT! I don't know why, but it sometimes works!

·
The Midnight Toker
20 Posts
I just want to confirm that version 1.5.2 does in fact work. If the voice does not play, instead of sitting around waiting for it to play, it skips it. I don't know if it works like that for pirated versions but that doesn't matter since you shouldn't be using pirated versions of a game anyway.

·
The Midnight Toker
20 Posts
My apologies everyone, I hate to double-post, but I am not familiar with this message board. I am more used to proboards.

I was apparently wrong about version 1.5.2 working. But after some experimentation I have discovered a way to make Valkyrie Profile work on version 1.6.0.

Instead of using the "smooth" sound in the eternal sound plugin, use "simple". There are a few glitches, i.e. minor skipping occasionally, but at least it will not lock up if the voice doesn't play. I am 99% sure this works throughout the whole game and I will play it through to make sure and them get back to you guys.

·
The Midnight Toker
20 Posts
Yes I too have heard this. Like how in the original Star Ocean for SNES, save states cause insurmountable errors in the game. So you learn to live without save states in that game. But let's face it, save states are a godsend. So by switching to "simple" I have found a way to use save states without this rather annoying and equally insurmountable glitch. I have another solution, but I am not sure if I am allowed to mention it. It involves another emulator and since this is the ePSXe forum... I can see where there are conflicts of interest. I will not post the emulator that works with this game 100% until I am told by a GM or admin I am allowed to mention specific emulators.If I am not even allowed to post this, please do not mod me, just let me know and I will get rid of it. Have a nice day all.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
by the way, this crash is caused by the OGL2 plugin. not by sound config or emulator. just FYI.

·
The Midnight Toker
20 Posts
Not really sure what an OGL2 plugin is, but my solution of changing it from smooth to simple definitely does the trick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts