Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Space Drifter
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i guess the people who use this forum a lot have heard about the so called disc change problem. I tried to solve it by converting the .iso file to a .bin/.cue with MagicISO and using the 1.6.0 version.

So after converting, i get the message "Incorrect Disc" after changing the disc to the new iso. Using the psx emulator, the log in the back said after i tried opening it the message "iso9660: incorrect header"

Did someone ever had a similar problem, and/or knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
converting one format to another breaks images. introduces read errors and faults.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
depends.

is brazil pal or ntsc?

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
the way i change discs with ff9 works fairly well in 1.7(not tried 1.5.2 or 1.6 yet), i use alcohol 120% to mount my game images and i run them using the open cdrom option in epsxe, when the game asks that i change discs, i just go into alcohol and mount the next disc and go back to the game and hit x and it loads it perfectly, maybe you could try that? i do not use daemon tools anymore so unsure if it would work as well but you can try.

·
Space Drifter
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
depends.

is brazil pal or ntsc?
ntsc if i recall correctly. We basically use the same as USA, but I can't remember which is used ...

the way i change discs with ff9 works fairly well in 1.7(not tried 1.5.2 or 1.6 yet), i use alcohol 120% to mount my game images and i run them using the open cdrom option in epsxe, when the game asks that i change discs, i just go into alcohol and mount the next disc and go back to the game and hit x and it loads it perfectly, maybe you could try that? i do not use daemon tools anymore so unsure if it would work as well but you can try.
I tried that, didn't work. I just made a new ISO with a header file, and it works OK now. I kinda took a long time to reply because i somehow remembered Diablo II when seeing this this thread and went on to make a new char. Anyway, thanks for the help.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Brazil is PAL-M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.