Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried playing VP2 with the latest pcsx2 version but on the main menu the screen seems to be shaking. It is a bit irritating but the main problem is after I start a new game, my cpu usage jump to 99% and lag like hell. I have activated the game fix and using updated plugins. Anyone know what is the problem?

My specs: Intel core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz 2.40GHz
RAM 3GB, Geforce 8600 GT

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Use search read the faq and the guide don't make a thread unless you have checked and double checked if a issue similar to yours hasn't been already addressed to, for shaking try different interlacing methods (in the GSDX menu or by pressing F5 during the game), overclock cpu to 3 Ghz or above if you want better speed (considering your motherboard has overclocking possibility's and that your cooling is up to it), for pointers on overclocking you can try searching around these boards or by using google.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tallbender, I tried using GSdx 0.1.7 and my fps jump to around 30. At least now I can actually run around quite smoothly. But during the beginning cutscene after I click new game it will hang and won't load at all so I have to skip it. The bottom part of the screen is cut off and some of the text cannot be seen. Any way of fixing it?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
This is a problematic game in many ways..
First of all, get the latest pcsx2 and GSdx betas. This'll fix the fmv hang and speed it up a bit.
Then in GSdx's config set the D3D internal res to native > display bottom fixed.

The red fog in the lost forest level is hard to fix. Just make your way trough it with software rendering. Its only that level in the whole game.

·
Registered
11 Posts
im using last beta of pcsx2 with the speedhacks settings set to 1.5 ( to see the video of the begining without frameskip), and vu steal on minimum ( 1 next to none) so the 3d videos doesnt hang... and the game is doing good, they key to winning fps on valkyrie 2 is to use the gsdx 0.1.7... is an old plugin but improves speed a lot..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
how can a hardware renderer be as accurate as a softwarenderer, software you have no limitations (its only limited to programming skill) while hardware has restrictions based on the hardware used and the hardware you are using is different to the ps2 hardware... so hardwarender accuracy can be improved but its more trying to get its work with current hardware (which is different to ps2 hardware).... sorry im starting to repeat myself but isnt it obvious, its the same issue with anything when comparing to software and hardware rendering

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.