Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
998 Posts
Lot of work required

Hello everyone.
Valkyrie Profile is indeed unplayable using VGS alone, no matter what version. You can still play it however, but you need to do a lot of work. I believe there is a thread around here that will tell you what to do to get it right. In short, you will need some tools like the memory card converter and the PEC editor to make the world map disappears so that the game won't crash. And for easier job, you can get a save file at the first point in the game from someone who has it. I'm sorry that I don't have that save file. If someone knows about the mentioned thread, can you help lkfight here? Valkyrie Profile is indeed a great game, so I wish you good luck.

· space trader
1,815 Posts
ok, this is a well known thread with info on VP & VGS... It's not exactly a step by step guide, but it is detailed. As for the memcard fujita mentioned (valkyrie.zip), you can find it here (wow !! ...I never imagined that my memcard would become so popular (j/k) :D )

...Remember that even with all the PEC modifications, VP is still somewhat buggy on VGS & requires caution when you play, especially at the world map. If you're not in a hurry to finish this game, I would suggest to wait for the next version of ePSXe, in which VP will be (finally) emulated... ;)

· Trans-Am Mode
1,011 Posts
here's a solution i used

i used bleem 1.5b to play valkyrie profile to get past the early 3d map with freya and valkyrie using the pec gameshark code which make the 3d map black. save at the first save point in the game and convert the memcard to vgs format. from there you could continue the game but, always enable the 3d map code to make sure it does not hang. you also need a patch in vgs which you could get at www.aldostools.com to really ensure you get past some spots in the game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.