Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh. Hi there!

Been trying to get Vagrant Story disc to load up on PCSX. The trouble is, along with every other game I try to open up, nothing loads up. It's just a blank screen. No psx logo, no game, no nothing.

So I figure I must be missing something. I have all the games I want to play sitting right next to me but no way to play them.

so close, so far... so gay

Thanks for any help provided!

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,546 Posts
Plugins and their respective settings?

Also, have you used epsxe? I've got Vagrant Story and it works fine on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, nice! I should mention I have a mac (PPC no less) and I am not even sure if the same plugins apply, but no I have absolutely no knowledge of which plug-ins go where and how to install them.

I think I am pretty much SOL.

So now what I am kind of wondering is if there is a similar plug-in for mac users that will increase game compatibility much in the same way that epsxe does. There has to be something. (and for the very first time as a mac user, I noticed a tingly feeling... optimism?)

Anyways, is there any PCSX MAC-ppc guys around here or anyone else who might be able to help me get this sorted out?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,546 Posts
Well you could try disabling dynarec under preferences as noted in the last post here.

Other than that, get a PC. :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already tried disabling dynarec. And reconfigured everything to give myself a chance. Didn't do a lot of good.

PC? ah jeez. I was afraid of this. Not quite an alternative for me to get a pc right now as it cuts into my music making and I love my MAC. I NEED my mac but dammit if my setup isn't killing me right now with my gaming situation.

SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ^few decibals

·
Read Only
0 Posts
OSX is a bit lacking in the PSOne emulation section sadly[believe me, I know!]. He's pretty much right. You'll either want an Intel Mac or a PC to run Windows in[even in VMWare Fusion, it runs nicely on my rigs] for EPSXE or some other emulator.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea man, right on. Thanks for the info.

Sadly, I can't change my entire OS environment just for games. (I don't have the money for that) but I found an application that I'll be looking into for PPC that emulates PC environments on my mac. It might work for getting PCSX up and running. I only wish there were a way for me to know for certain before paying 30 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts