Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Interact V4 force feedback racing wheel today ($50 CDN at Future Shop Online!!!) The wheel is great, however I find that now I cannot use my classic MS Sidewinder at the same time.

Not only must I exchange plugs with each controller, but I must also remove the profile from the gaming devices setup in control panel since the second device will never be detected. Basically I can only use one controller at a time and have Windows recognize one at a time. This is quite annoying to say the least.

I've tried using a joystick Y-cable as well as the Sidewinder's daisy chain pass-through to connect the Interact Wheel... neither solution worked. Normally the Y-cable doesn't work, but one time it detected only a single device.

I'm using the latest drivers for each device and also the latest Direct X. If anyone has experienced a similar problem please let me know if you have found a fix. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
You cannot use the Y-splitter to connect 2 digital gameport devices. And the Sidewinder daisychain passthru is ONLY for another Sidewinder gamepad.

Your ONLY solution is to use them one at a time. And better make a shortcut to Gaming Devices because you're gonna HAVE to use it everytime you switch. There are software to ease the switching operation but that's another story.

This is a limitation of the gameport, which is partly why USB controllers are popular nowadays.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm yeah I thought so.. I was just using the Sidewinder port out of desperation. About the switching software though, could you point some out for me please? I'd really like to be able to use them both with minimum hassles. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts