Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right I would like to be able to use win VBA (non SDL variant) with command line switches. The problem is it fires up happily and ummm complains that -Gtcp is not a proper file. If I do something like
<vba file name> <elf file name to debug> -Gtcp it just loads and runs the elf file and ignores the command line switches completely. IS there a build of win VBA that one can use with TCP debugging at all without having to hold it's hand (IE instantiate into debugging mode on port 55555 immediately instead of manually starting it in debug mode after it being launched) to allow GDB to connect to it?
It's rather frustrating to try to debug ones software with the SDL variant available because it just crashes complaining about illegal memory accesses. Is the latter because of SDL.DLL or is it because the compiled variant is incompatible with win2K or some such thing?

Any clues as to how to use the win version so that it starts listening to port 55555 on invocation instead of complaining about CLI switches that aren't files? The FAQ does not seem to discriminate between binary variants for CLI options, so I'm baffled with the windows version won't accept CLI switches.

Cyb

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Windows version doesn't take command line switches. Luke, use the source. VBA is open source, you can just check.

I cannot comment on your issues with the SDL version as you didn't provide any information on the crash itself.

Forgotten

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.