Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to map the four PSX buttons to my mouse? i have four buttons on it and it would be great if i could, i tried to highlight the button then click the corresponding mouse button to change it, but it wouldn't work. how do i do it, if it's possible?

S

·
0 Posts
it's not possible AFAIK....I know it would be great to make the point blank games playable with mouse....
(select digital/analog mouse) and you can move the crosshair in point blank with the mouse, you just can't shoot :/

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have an idea, but I have no way to test it. On top of that it would be a big pain in @$$ to do, but maybe worth it some times.

I used to have a Miscrosoft Intellimouse( you know the really nice one with five buttons(incuding the wheel button) plus a scroll wheel). I had the intellipoint software which would allow me to assign the buttons to different buttons on the key board. For instance I could assign the left-click button to be another enter button. So maybe if you have software like that you could get the buttons on the mouse to be the same as buttons that you can assign your controller to. You get the idea? I really wish I could test this out, but the stupid mouse has a very weak wire where it connects to the mouse.:mad:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That's a pretty darn good idea, Adair... I have one of those mouses (mice?), I'll try it right now and get back to you in a sec.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Nope, didn't work. For one thing, you can only assign certain buttons/functions (such as Tab, Enter, F#, etc) to the mouse and not anything you want (such as W/A/S/D). This means that you'd have to assign your gamepad controls to inconvenient buttons. Secondly, ePSXe didn't detect my mouse-clicks. *shrug* Oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted.

S

·
0 Posts
same problem happens with the logitech software...
btw, microsoft's mouse works perfectly with logitech drivers and reverse...figures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts