Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just started using ePSXe and so far am very impressed. The only problem that i'm having at the moment is that I can't assign the enter key (the one on the numeric keypad) to a controller button. Every time I press it, all of my settings are wiped out. Anyone got any tips or workarounds for this?

Cheers

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
You can search for epsxe conguration in the registry and input manually the scan code for "enter" there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I-Chan said:
You can search for epsxe conguration in the registry and input manually the scan code for "enter" there.
I don't suppose anyone knows what that scan code would be? What format are the values that are stored in the registry? Mine looks like this:

Keys1: 75,77,72,80,78,76,82,79,17,18,45,20,47,46,16,21

They're not ascii codes - so what are they?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
yoink said:
Keys1: 75,77,72,80,78,76,82,79,17,18,45,20,47,46,16,21

They're not ascii codes - so what are they?
For an average user like me, I rather use the configuation:

tab key - select
left shift - start

triangle - w
circle - d
retangle - a
cross - s

l1 - q
l2 - z
r1 - e
r2 - c

For the d-pad - arrow keys

It's your choice to use the above configuration.

By the way, the keys1 above represent keyboard keys - each number representing each key on a regular 101-key keyboard. I apologise that I do not have a key-code list to show what each key represents.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
:doh: Google is your friend, he always has things like this at hand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I-Chan said:
:doh: Google is your friend, he always has things like this at hand.
Sorry for reviving this thread..the hex code for numpad enter is supposed to be E0 or 5A which in decimal is 224 and 28..
224 doesn't work, and 28 represents the Return key(the big enter key on the left side of the keyboard, not the one on the numpad)
So can google help me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello my first post but i am sorry for replying on this old thread but i figured out the numpad enter key for my usb keyboard the scancode is 156 for me on epsxe 1.7.0. all i had to do is tap alt and press enter on the numpad and there it was and i got the scancode from my winxp registry.
thats all the info i know.
you're welcome to all those whom i may have helped thank you for reading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts