Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an actual system, a real game disc, and everything else. I use my PS2 to play some PSX games. I prefer playing those games--using the actual game disc--on ePSXe because I can do things on my computer while playing them.

Here's my question. I've purchased utilities such as the GameShark CD that allows one to transfer gamesaves to a USB mass media device and then download them to one's memory card.

What I'm more interested in, however, is doing the reverse--getting my saves from my memory card onto the mass media device and then somehow playing them on ePSXe. Is that possible at all, or not?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
use a dexdrive. that's the best way.

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Hm... I think I read online about some kind of way to make your own dexdrive like device. But I never looked further into that because I got a dexdrive a long time ago. Playsaver I believe it was called? Can anyone back me up on this?

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Emperor Iaius I said:
So I've got to purchase another third party device? It can't be done with a generic mass media drive?
I think a dexdrive is the only way to go. I doubt there is a way to use your generic mass media drive on a PSX(the only place you could plug in a Memory card without dex drive)...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
well since the PSX doesnt use generic mass media (like memory stick or SD or any of that ) you have to get a PSX specific one. the DexDrive is perfect, and cheap too. you COULD make your own, there are guides on the net...but it's a waste of time and money when you can buy a DexDrive, premade, working perfectly for cheap.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts