Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Firefox PR1 has the option of live bookmarks... now, my question is, how do I make NGEmu's RSS feed to work with this browser?.... It worked for me at freshmeat.net, but how do I do this in NGEmu and other sites?.... else, what can I do with these RSS feed?

·
band
4,912 Posts
click on the button on the lower rite corner of your browser that says "RSS" when you get to the ngemu.com site. then click on subscribe to rdf file. it shud then ask you where you wanna put the bookmark for the RSS feed.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weird, such button does not appear in NGEmu, but freshmeat.net has it

·
Registered
608 Posts
I see the button when I go to the home page of www.ngemu.com but don't see it in the forum. BTW, could someone put in not-so-complicated words what the big deal about RSS is? and/or the benefits of using it, etc. I've been seeing this thing everywhere lately and still not so sure after Googling.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
To put it simply, RSS describes the actual content of the page without any layout information. This allows RSS feed readers to collect information from many sources and present it all together without resorting to parsing XHTML content.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting description scottlc...... weird, I try and try and I can't get RSS feeds to work in NGEmu...

·
B( o Y o )BS!
895 Posts
copy the rss link from the main page,
then go to bookmarks -> manage bookmarks,
then go to file -> new live bookmark, and fill the info :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts