Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a strange set-up, I am using Crossover Games to run ePSXe, and I would like to use my xbox 360 controller (wired) as a gamepad for the emulator. I've done it before with Zsnes emus (though I suspect this is because the driver for the controller is mac based, as was the snes emu), but I couldn't seem to find any means of making the the epsxe configure tools compatible with the controller.

Thanks!

John

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
there is a section in the FAQ (sticky thread in the "problems with games" sub-section) that addresses 360 controllers, you might want to check there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you, but my main problem concerns integrating the xbox drivers for mac specifically into epsxe. I have been googleing around, and have come across the very same links that the thread referred to. (Some were broken, the files that they referred to didn't help when I found them at other locations.)

I tried to access the windows drivers using Crossover, but it didn't seem to like it.

I also attempted to find a program which would assign keystrokes to different xbox buttons, to make it seem as if I was still using the keyboard, but this also resulted in mostly a dead end. (I think this might be the easiest way out, but I can't seem to find the appropriate program.)

I know that maybe I'm just wanting too much of a good thing with my controller, after all I'm delighted I've gotten my playstation games to work so well on my mac using a windows program (i've tried the Mac psx emus, they didn't work).

At any rate, I'm glad you were able to address my issue so quickly! I hope maybe I can find a solution. If not, I suppose I can live with simply using my keyboard (heaven forbid).

EDIT: I managed to find a program called GamePad Companion which successfully assigned keystrokes to my xbox controller. So that's right. I'm playing a playstation game using a windows-based emulator on a macintosh computer using an xbox 360 wired controller. I love technology. Thanks for your help, I would have been discouraged if I hadn't gotten a response!

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Thank you, but my main problem concerns integrating the xbox drivers for mac specifically into epsxe. I have been googleing around, and have come across the very same links that the thread referred to. (Some were broken, the files that they referred to didn't help when I found them at other locations.)
I'll see them fixed. The self-help guides here require some updating anyway.

I managed to find a program called GamePad Companion which successfully assigned keystrokes to my xbox controller.
Glad to know that you solved your problem :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Controllers working with Crossover Games

Hi, I found the above post insightful, however I am looking to use a Logitech Dual action to play Killer Instinct. Any insight as to whether there exists drivers etc. out there? This game is notoriously difficult to play with a keyboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts