Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just had a quick question if anyone here knows how to use downloaded game saves in the Visual Boy Emulator. I am currently using Visual Boy M v698 and I would really like to use some game saves that I could download from gamefaqs.com but I don't really know how to change the file or what to do to make it work.
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis Save Game Files for Game Boy Advance - GameFAQs
Here is an example of the files that I would be downloading. The files come in gameshark format and I don't know if there is a way to change this into a save file that Visual Boy M could use. Thanks

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
If the save games are already in the raw .SAV format, start the game, then go to File > Import save.

then reset emulation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The file that I download comes in .sps format. I went in and renamed this to .sav and then I go into the emulator and start the game (Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced) and import the battery image thing. When I do this it recognizes the file that I renamed to .sav however when I import it and then reset the file doesn't show up in the game. The game doesn't have an possible files in it that I can load. So I'm not sure what to do now.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
^ you need to name it as the same as the game. e.g.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.gba
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.sav

or create a save, then replace with your new save file with the same name as the old one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The file that I download comes in .sps format. I went in and renamed this to .sav and then I go into the emulator and start the game (Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced) and import the battery image thing. When I do this it recognizes the file that I renamed to .sav however when I import it and then reset the file doesn't show up in the game. The game doesn't have an possible files in it that I can load. So I'm not sure what to do now.
Leave that save file with the *.sps extension.
Then, load the game ROM on VBA.
After that, go to menu File=>Import=>Gameshark Snapshot and select that *.sps file.

VBA will warn you it needs to reset, agree with it and that should do the trick.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
made a mental note of that for next time es3ado

1 - 6 of 6 Posts