Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi NGemu community,
I have run into a strange issue with using PS4 controller with DS4 mappings.
The Setup:
- Using DS4 Windows v1.4.52 on ePSXe205
(A) PS4 controller Touchpad Left bound to key input - F1
(B) PS4 controller Touchpad Right bound to key input - F3
Save State using (A) works fine
Load State using (B) causes issue
The issue:
Load State using (B) crashes ePSXe roughly 30% of the time.
Sometimes with no error message, sometimes with error code 0xc0000096 message.

My workaround:
Using keyboard to Load State using F3 works without issue!

Any help in pinpointing the root cause and propose a fix will boost ease of use.
Thanks for your time and consideration!

·
Not a Registered User
1,304 Posts
Hmm, I recall having this same issue a long time ago, sadly I don't remember ever solving it as I simply moved to playing PS1 games on portable android devices, I will check this out, in the mean time here's a few suggestions.

Make sure that under BIOS settings in ePSXe HLE emulation is disabled and you have a proper BIOS file selected.
Make sure that under OPTIONS in ePSXe CPU OVERCLOCKING is set to 1x.
Make sure to use only the plugins that came with ePSXe, if you're gonna use any other external plugins use ePSXe 1.9 or older as 2.0 and newer have changed how they handle plugins.
Download newer version of DS4win 2.0.16.
The one you're using is abandoned by it's dev.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick reply.

Confirming I made sure your top three suggestions were followed before I made my post.
I did not know about the updated DS4Windows. I'll update that accordingly.

If any issue persist, I'll try rebinding F1 > L3 and F3 > R3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After updating to DS4Windows v2.0.16. Issue persists using keybindings:

Screenshot of error message after crash to desktop:

·
Not a Registered User
1,304 Posts

View attachment 201471
Sadly to say I don't have a clue, the only thing I can add is that in my case ePSXe crashes with or without an error message even without DS4win running, no matter the plugins or settings.
Maybe some one else will have an idea.

·
Not a Registered User
1,304 Posts

View attachment 201471
First of all apologies for double posting but I want to make sure reply notification is send as I may have found the solution, and I feel dumb for not finding it sooner like a very long time ago and that's because it's one setting for the most part I forgot that it exists, namely sound settings there are only two options there how can either of them affect savestates I dunno.

Basically set your sound latency in sound settings to normal, this has fixed the loadstate crashes completely for me.
FYI I have set left touchpad to load and right to save and set touchpad as buttons not a mouse so it won't move my mouse cursros.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all apologies for double posting but I want to make sure reply notification is send as I may have found the solution, and I feel dumb for not finding it sooner like a very long time ago and that's because it's one setting for the most part I forgot that it exists, namely sound settings there are only two options there how can either of them affect savestates I dunno.

Basically set your sound latency in sound settings to normal, this has fixed the loadstate crashes completely for me.
FYI I have set left touchpad to load and right to save and set touchpad as buttons not a mouse so it won't move my mouse cursros.
After trying Normal Sound Latency for an hour, that seems to have fixed it for me too. Thank you for finding the culprit for this strange issue FoxSevent!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts