Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where to post this, but here it goes!

I tried many possibilities to form AND, OR, NOT together to work as an Exclusive-OR/XOR gate, I can only use 2(A/B) inputs, and i can use more than 3 gates provided by the AND, OR, NOT.

thanks to anyone who helps !!!:)

·
User addicted to Diazepam
4,890 Posts
It has been a while since the last time I've watched a math class..
The only thing I really can remember is to calculate the tangent..
Oh dear.. Blame the law course.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for quick reply, but i dont think that was what i was looking for, I was looking for using all three AND, OR, NOT gates to work as a EOR

somethng like this
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/8303/gatezz4do.jpg
the picture is wrong but that was i looking looking for, with the same inputs(A/B) the result will be the same by using those 3 GATES (AND, OR, NOT)

A B OUTPUT

0 0 0
0 1 1
1 0 1
1 1 0

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
You mean using only 1 and, 1 or and 1 not gateway?

hmm... if it's that I don't think it is possible. The least you can use are 1 or, 1 not and 2 ands in a
(A|B) & !(A&B) fashion....

otherwise the replies zen_master gave you are correct

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Proto said:
You mean using only 1 and, 1 or and 1 not gateway?

hmm... if it's that I don't think it is possible. The least you can use are 1 or, 1 not and 2 ands in a
(A|B) & !(A&B) fashion....

otherwise the replies zen_master gave you are correct

as I said in topic i can use more than 3 gates

I think i have problem understanding zen_master's equation

for example : A xor B = (A & !B) | (!A & B)

i'm trying to draw the diagram with the 4 gates but the answer i get is not right compare to XOR

would be helpful if anyone find a diagram XD

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
AFAIK, zen_master's is the most elegant solution. You said yourself that you can use more than 3 gates. That's because you can't do without the additionals.

I think your problem is that you're having trouble turning the solution into a series of gates. I thought they taught how to write down the logic before they teach you to draw. Is that the problem?

EDIT: Before I posted, I was after Proto's.

Remember.. you can split inputs. Split the A into 2. Run one A clear and run the other with a NOT. Do the same with B. Run the clear A with the NOT'ed B into and AND. Run the NOT'ed A with the clear B into another AND. Run the outputs of both ANDs into an OR. The result is your solution.

Or you can run both clear A and B into an OR and run NOT'ed A and NOT'ed B into another OR and AND the result together. Of course, you need to split A and B too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.