Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planetunreal had a link to the Opera website (for some odd reason). They're apparently giving away free reg keys. Some 10-year anny promotion of some sort, I guess. I'm happy with Firefox, personally, but I seem to remember some of you at some point saying you liked Opera. So if you don't have the regestered version, then this will get rid of those damned advertisements. I got one for the hell of it, even if I won't use it, haha.

http://my.opera.com/community/party/reg.dml

This is in no way a intentional advertisement of any sort (just look at my post count, haha), I just remember some of you liking opera better, so I thought you may want to get rid of those damned advertisements. :p
- Modem

·
Been here a long long time.
911 Posts
Either way, how can you go wrong with getting your reg code. I got on for me, and another for a friend. Opera is darned fast too. I like Firefox, but it can't hurt to have another nice browser.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Gonna give it a shot on my laptop, dunno if I will ditch firefox though.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I got 5 reg keys :D

yet I will never use them...I just like the combination of using 4 different programs (Internet, Bittorent, Mail, IRC) with great features instead of 1 program will all the features, but skimpy on usability.

Maybe I will sell them ^^

·
Registered
774 Posts
Opera is really great. I've been using it for a while now and I've never regretted switching to it for a second... except maybe back a few versions when the page rendering was more buggy. Anyway, if anyone has thought about using Opera before, but was turned off by the pay or look at adds thing, this is your chance.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided to try opera out for a few. Not too bad. Firefox has a irritating bug on occasion that gives it crap preformance on random webpages that have flash advertisements on them (which page doesn't these days?). This one doesn't appear to have that bug that I've found. Overall, similar to Firefox in quite a few ways. Opera likely will have it's uses, but I definately have more testing to do.

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
I think they're trying to build a list of email addresses to resell. Note how they insist on an email address, but then give you the code in the same window instead of mailing it to you.
Opera is a good secondary browser. It's speed is good and it has a few nice features that other browsers don't, but I like the control you have over mozilla browsers and I hate the way opera tabs behave when you close them ( the fact that they always go back to last focused tab instead of going to the next in line).
My favorite browser is k-meleon, a windows-only gecko based browser. It lacks some of the features of firefox, but more than makes up for that with it's blazing speed and much reduced resource consumption.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.