Next Generation Emulation banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts
Discussion starter · #83 ·
1. While you see no update, that means there's no update. Period. Just be patient and wait. Also, take note that this is just a ****ty mod based off an USB keyboard plugin that didn't even work that well, so there will probably be no update. Or if there's one, I will recode it integrally.

2. Sorry, I forgot my crystal ball at home, therefore I'm unable to find out what's wrong. Try again with more info :)

Now, that lattest PSCX2 stable version 0.9.8 is released, are you thinking about deploying a new version of the buzzer mod?

In any case: are there any other alternatives to play Buzz games?

Thank you in advance

Hello. First, thanks for the pluggin. I can launch the game now.
The problem is. My buzzers are pressing butons random. I cant choose menu, answers, nothing.

Anyone with the same problem ? (Buzzers works find on real PS2)

I have PCSX2 1.0 and and the last USBqemu (04/2012)

(Sorry for my bad english.)

My little sister and I are trying to play the Buzz game.

She is 6 years old and we wanted to play the disney one.

I have the buzzers and the disney trivia game works fine on 1.0.0 PCSX. but the buzzers do not work because you haven't updated the plugin

could you please help us by updating the USBqemu to work on PCSX2 1.0.0?

thank you very much!

Hi,

Everybody's seen that Buzz was not playable because of the lack of USB plugin.
Not anymore now, big thanks to Sir GiGaHeRz for releasing the sources of his great USBqemu plugin for keyboard. I've modded this plugin especially for supporting the buzzers that Buzz uses.

Now, I'll tell you how to use this plugin mod :

Config :
This plugin mod is designed for everybody, even the n00bs :p Everything is automatic, you don't have to configure anything so don't care about the config window.

Usage :
Download the plugin mod in the attachments.
Plug your buzzers into any USB port of your PC (don't expect using your keyboard, it's done in order to avoid piracy).
Launch PCSX2. The console should say "Buzzers found !!!" and each buzzer lamp should be tested. If not, tell me.
Launch the game. Everything is automatic, buttons and lamps should work fine, I tested myself.
Note : when you close PCSX2, the lamps of the buzzers may keep switched on. Replug your buzzers if you don't want that.

What plugins I recommend you to use with this game:
GS : Use ZeroGS DirectX version or the latest version of GSdx9/GSdx. ZeroGS OpenGL version renders a very ugly image (blurry and "holes").
SPU2 : Use Peops SPU2, else the sound will be repeated due to PCSX2 being slow (for me).
Pad : Use any plugin. Anyway you won't use your pad in this game.
CDVD : Dump an ISO of your game and use a ISO plugin, else DVD accesses will cause lags.
USB : Use this plugin mod :D
Dev9 and FireWire : don't mind.

Encountered problems :
Corrupt or missing textures (minor).
Game slow on my C2D E6300 computer (30-40 FPS).

What I modded :
First I changed the VID and PID in the keyboard device descriptor. By doing this I got the game to boot.
After I added support for output reports, used for switching the lamps on/off.
I rewritten the usb_keyboard_poll func for the buzzers.
And I added a detection loop to acquire handle to the buzzers, and a Win32-only I/O system (ReadFile/WriteFile).

Download the plugin mod below and enjoy playing Buzz on PCSX2 !!!

Oh, and I forgot : PCSX2 Team, don't forget to update your compatibility list !

PS : If you encounter problems with lamps, re-download the plugin. Before releasing, I changed a thing and I didn't test, so I didn't see I broke the lamps. I re-attached a new plugin that fixes it.

Download the plugin below:
Can't see the plug in Q.Q

Hi all,
I am trying to get working my Buzz! games with the several Usbqemu plugins I found...
The last mod I found (...-dbg), unfortunately does not work anymore with the latest release of PCSX2 (actually 1.4.0 r5875).

The first mod still works, but I have an annoying lag problem...
  • There's much delay when I press each Buzzer's button.
  • Sometimes the pressure is not detected, or detected with much delay
  • it happens that the release is not detected and the game thinks that the button is always pressed (loop)...this behaviour, sometimes even make crash PCSX2...

It is hard to play or make selections...the game is unplayable.
Is there here a saint would be kind to update & fix the plugin, please?
Thank you very much!!!

I've also got the second mod which works but I have to press more times so it registers. At least it's better than having random presses... I wish someone who knows what they are doing would fix this for the latest version.

Tan
Hi,

Not anymore now, big thanks to Sir GiGaHeRz for releasing the sources of his great USBqemu plugin for keyboard. I've modded this plugin especially for supporting the buzzers that Buzz uses.

Config :
This plugin mod is designed for everybody, even the n00bs :p Everything is automatic, you don't have to configure anything so don't care about the config window.

Usage :
Plug your buzzers into any USB port of your PC (don't expect using your keyboard, it's done in order to avoid piracy).
Launch PCSX2. The console should say "Buzzers found !!!" and each buzzer lamp should be tested. If not, tell me.
Launch the game. Everything is automatic, buttons and lamps should work fine, I tested myself.
Note : when you close PCSX2, the lamps of the buzzers may keep switched on. Replug your buzzers if you don't want that.

GS : Use ZeroGS DirectX version or the latest version of GSdx9/GSdx. ZeroGS OpenGL version renders a very ugly image (blurry and "holes").
SPU2 : Use Peops SPU2, else the sound will be repeated due to PCSX2 being slow (for me).
CDVD : Dump an ISO of your game and use a ISO plugin, else DVD accesses will cause lags.

Encountered problems :

What I modded :
First I changed the VID and PID in the keyboard device descriptor. By doing this I got the game to boot.
And I added a detection loop to acquire handle to the buzzers, and a Win32-only I/O system (ReadFile/WriteFile).

PS : If you encounter problems with lamps, re-download the plugin. Before releasing, I changed a thing and I didn't test, so I didn't see I broke the lamps. I re-attached a new plugin that fixes it.

hk a lot, i shoould try it now

Hi,

Config :

Usage :

Encountered problems :

What I modded :

Do you still have the file?

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.