Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i wanna know if anyone has this. it looks too good to be true.

http://www.modchipstore.com/ps2/usbmod

"
The USBMOD (SBOX) is the worlds BEST external solution for US, JAP and PAL PS2's. It slots nicely into the PS2 USB slot. You can now play your PSX and PS2 backups (compatible with All Titles including EA Sports Games that have been patched with the new EA Patches). The USBMOD requires the DVD-Region-X (US Customers) Click Here for Information (Newer GameShark2 Versions will NOT work) or Action Replay 2 (Euro Customers) to play your PS2 backups. PSX backups play without any need for either of these. Only 1 very easy link wire to solder. Printed directions, Easy Online diagrams, wire and solder are included. The ModChipStore.com USB Mod is backed by our 100% Guarantee.

"

So that would mean with that backups can be easily played on a ps2, no internal mod chipping. only for the ps1` would u need an internal one wire. i new a better solution than soldering 6 wires or something like that would arrive. and from lik-sang.com it only cost £8.90 .

wat do u ppl think.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its from the makers of neo4 chips, which were (i think) the best modding solutions. although the company has been seeked out by sony, so i guess they arent too reliable..hehe.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
WOW!!! I knew this after a month ps2 came out. You just brought in bad news for the ppl. Modchips cut down half of the life of any game consoles lens. It cut my Saturn after using it for 2 years. Now it just says Please insert a Sega Saturn disc. After a year a so, Im expecting my Dreamcast to go crazy. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i think its weird...
why arent there just some boot-discs that overwrite the BIOS-software? its this software that at least controls the region-code, if not even if it is a backup-CD, so if you'd just overwrite it, there should be no problems anymore...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It's just a Neo 2.2 in a box.

(read: It requires swapping.)

Carmofin-
How exactly would we boot this idiotic boot disc to overwrite a BIOS ROM containing highly sensitive data the games rely on?

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
I dont really think its a VIRUS. LOL It just 2 hard for the lens to read 2 different regional games? I dunno. THe life span is cut down to half n e ways.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
IF it works. Can it play Burned Playstation 1 games? hhmmmm

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
well, as far as i know, the very first japanese PS2s had a simple cheat to disable any region code checks. soon, after that was known, sony released a disc, containing an update, that changed the PS2-software, as a sideeffect, the cheat was suddenly gone.
so basically it should be possible to create an update that disables all those annoying checks, hey such things exist for every stupid DVD player!
what would also be interessting is if you could enhance the PS1 driver, so it plays the games in high res, would be an interessting task to do, but however all that doesnt belong to this topic anyway ^_^

·
Coffee Demon
2,916 Posts
Hmmm

The mod chip still requires a solder...and at this point the idea of shelling out $299...then possibly ruining the PS2 because of error or possible damage over time does not sit well with us....

We have Modded before, and can solder with the best of them...but there is a difference from making a mistake on a used $54 Ps1..and a PS2

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Originally posted by Carmofin
well, as far as i know, the very first japanese PS2s had a simple cheat to disable any region code checks. soon, after that was known, sony released a disc, containing an update, that changed the PS2-software, as a sideeffect, the cheat was suddenly gone.
so basically it should be possible to create an update that disables all those annoying checks, hey such things exist for every stupid DVD player!
what would also be interessting is if you could enhance the PS1 driver, so it plays the games in high res, would be an interessting task to do, but however all that doesnt belong to this topic anyway ^_^
You didn't answer my question, not that you possibly could, considering all the crap you're spitting out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i know , to play a dvd in a japan's ps2 you have to save the player(or something like that) from the cd to the memory card first.that means the dvd region checking thing is not done through bios but through the software(as for the games region,i think it is checked through bios)

btw,that usb mod seems to be able to play cdr backups only ,no support for dvd backups

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.