Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bad guys did it. Here, in our country (I'm from Argentina) every one seems very sad about what happened in USA yesterday... Perhaps our people here isn't always happy about US politics, but, when innocent people die, someone must pay. The problem is who. Who is the bad guy right now?

S

·
0 Posts
Hi guys, I'm still here. Fortunately, I live in California on the other end of the USA. But my Grandmother lives in downtown Manhatten. Luckily she is a little ways from where the World Trade Center used to be.
Lukkio, rest assured that the people of the USA are working to bring those responsible to justice as quicky as possible. But as Rargh said, war is not a solution and you are right when you state that war is stupid, always. That is why this must handled very carefully, so as to avoid a devasting war that could kill many. This type of attack is cowardly and unjustifed, no matter who does it. This is why it must not be tolerated. But response must be weighed and considered and then carried out. Please continue to pray for the USA and the people of New York City, we/they need all the prayers we can get right now. Thanks so much.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, id does help a little...

Originally posted by Rargh
War will NEVER be a solution, No matter the reason. It will just cause more and more humans casualties...
Well, not always...
If the US does a counter attack, it will calm the hate of some revenge seeking people... This will also show other countries that the US is not to be messed with, and that we can stand firm, and take anything that comes at us... If we don't do anything, other countries will think that we are sissies, and more terrist attacks will come, because if now looks easy to destroy some of the most importabt buildings in the US, and het rid of about 20,000 americans...

Personally, I think that a counter attack is needed to show other countries that we the US are not to be messed with. I fully agree with the president, and think that we need to act. I was sickened to see people dancing in the streets, and celebrating, when they heard that the US was attacked. Literlally, resturantes were giving free meals to people selebrating. This Literally made me want to barf, and at te same time sad... To see that people do not have reguard for human life... I think that If the US does this attack, that it is not directed against innocent sevillians. That is also sick, but that it is pointed at the people who caused the loss of peoples friends, and families all over the US...

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Bin Laden... There is a great possibility he has something with it. I'm worried about economical consequences if a war begins. Lukkio, Argentina is already in an economical crise(which is affecting my country). If a war comes up, what will happen? Even if it doesn't get here, the consequences will be all over the globe. If it was in the beggining of the century, that would be better, since there was no massive destruction weapons. Nowadays, if usa gets angry, we will see nuclear bombs, and worse: biological bombs.

S

·
0 Posts
Revenge is never a good idea. As Yoda said, "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatered, and hatered leads to the darkside". On Tuesday, it was mentioned, that revenge is best served "cold". This means that you should let your initial hate and anger "cool off" and then plan what steps MUST be taken to avenge and stop attacks like these. This is what, I believe, President Bush and Secretary of State Colin Powell are doing right now.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
19 Posts
First of all I want to express my condolences to all Americans and especially New York citizens.
Since we're talking about suck tragic incident, I myself want to make some considerations about it:
About the images of palestinians celebrating the disaster, there are some things to consider: the images show always the same persons, and if one looks for the background of some images, there are persons staring at that with a stupid look on there faces, like if they don't know what is going on! So, it wouldn't surprise me that those images were forged to triger the hate towards Arafat and his organization, which, in my opinion, had nothing to do with the attacks, diverting the attention of the authorities and public opinion of the real murderers!
About a WW3, I personally don't believe in a World War, at least like we imagine it, the USA are the only country that has financial and economic strenghth to fight such war, all other countries would run out of cash few months after this hipotetical war begins.
About nuclear and bio war, I think no country is stupid enough to start such war which no one can win, because one survives!

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Revenge is never a good idea. As Yoda said, "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatered, and hatered leads to the darkside" . . .
Oookay . . . as much respect as I have for you, that one seems a little weird. Remember, it was just a movie :D .

omega_34: Yeah, and if you notice those are mostly kids, from what I've seen. And waving what appears to be the Kuwaiti flag :eyes: . Heh, maybe it's footage from when Kuwait was liberated from Iraq?

As to your second comment, no, there aren't people stupid enough to start a war that no one wins. But there are people insane enough. I'm a Scientologist, and we've learned that about 2.5% of the population would like nothing better than to see, out of an innate and overwhelming fear of people, everyone around them dead or incapable. They believe it's the only way they'll be safe. Whoever did this is either one of them, or under their influence. They would gladly start WW3. We have to make sure it never happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, kidos... I was thinking about the religious facts involved in the conflict... and I must say that sometimes democracy, liberty, and the economical freedom are part of a religious belief.

Some kill for money, some kill for God, some kill for wathever..

Do you remember Lennon's Imagine??

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Revenge is never a good idea. As Yoda said, "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatered, and hatered leads to the darkside".
Just a small correction sxamiga: Yoda's words were:
"Fear is the path of the darkside. Fear lead to anger, anger leads to hatered, hatered leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you"
These were the exact words(I have the video).
Anyway, I think it doesn't matter his exact words. I agree that revenge is not the solution and will never be.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the correction Zephon. I knew it was something like what I said. It has been a while since I've seen the movie.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 15 of 15 Posts