Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was using the Eusing Free Registry Cleaner version 2.0 and I accidently deleted all my registry entries through the Startup manager that you can find by clicking on "File" in the upper left corner.Now whenever my Windows starts up,none of my programs are not showed in the tray icon.All their icons are missing.I have been able to restore some programs for start up by going in their options and enabling the autostart from there,but my icon for the McAfee is now also missing and I have no idea how to restore it.Also MANY other programs are not anymore showed in the windows tray icon area.How can I make them to start with windows again????????????????

I tried the regedit by creating the new string value in the HKEY CURRENT USER/SOFTWARE and wrote the location of the program in the VALUE DATA,but didn't help:(
I can however make the programs to automatically start with windows if I put their shortcut in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup ,but the problem is then the ENTIRE program window is opened instead just his icon that is supposed to be showed in the system tray.

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
So, there are no "Rescus Center" or similar tool included to Eusing Free Registry Cleaner version 2.0?

Have you tried Windows System Restore?

If typing StartUp items manually to the Registry is your last chance, you have to know the command line switches for the programs to minimize them, for example:

Avira AntiVir: "C:\Hyötyohjelmat\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min

You have to find out yourself the switches (or with a help of a friend, or taking a look at the program settings, if there's an option for running it at startup.)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did succeed to make EVERYTHING start up with Windows again:)...for some programs I simply enabled that in the options section and for those who do not have that automatic startup option,but normally ARE starting up with windows such as McAfee,I needed to locate their EXE file that starts them in the system tray icon.For McAfee the EXE file that starts the program in the tray icon is called "shstat.exe" and I simply copied it and pasted the shortcut of it in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup:Dand now the McAfee starts normally in the system tray icon =D I needed to do the same thing for 2 more programs,but everything works perfect:)
There is only one stupid detail that doesn't work lol.The bluetooth icon is not showed anymore in the system tray.I tryed removing the check mark for showing the icon,clicked APPLY,put the check mark back on,clicked APPLY again and the icon was showed,only when I restart my computer,the icon is again not there even if the check mark for the SHOW ICON option IS checked.How the hell can I fix that???oO

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
start=>run=> write msconfig hit enter and at the startup tab uncheck what you dont need.

PS: be careful what you uncheck though
Everything is already checked under the STARTUP tab.I do not see the bluetooth there.Ohh man why the hell the bluetooth icon misses everytime I start Windows XP...:(
I was damn lucky when I found ALL other EXE files that started the programs in the system tray icon.ONLY the Bluetooth is missing now...heh...it could be worse.

If ANYONE has an idea for this bluetooth missing icon issue,please share it!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heh I would do that only that software is included WITH XP that I got on the 2 CD-s.So if I want to reinstall it,I would need to reinstall Windows XP lol.The software is NOT on it's own CD with the drivers...:(And I don't want to reinstall Windows because EVERYTHING is working perfect except that crap bluetooth icon!It must be some registry issue.Ohh man do you got any other idea???Maybe the name of the EXE file that starts the bluetooth????Programs like McAfee,Synaptics also were usually starting with Windows,but when they stopped,they did NOT have the option for automatic startup,BUT I knew the name of the EXE file that starts them so I simply put their shortcuts in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and now they startup perfectly.But I can't find the EXE file for that damn bluetooth program.Anyone maybe knows what EXE file it might be....the name or it's location???Anything is good lol...

Also the SSDP Discovery Service is on automatic startup so ALL icons are raising properly except that damn bluetooth icon.Like SOMETHING is preventing the icon to be showed on the startup...but what??????????:???:

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW!

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
use system restore.

if you disable it, then fail, and sucked in.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol if I use system restore,I can get it back for the FEW MONTHS what is a way to much and most of my programs will be deleted and I will need to install them again AND the one that is causing me problems is not listed.:(So I don't see a point of that even though it was a good idea.

I just don't understand...why are these things always happening to me???Or maybe those rumors that Microsoft sucks were true:DHehe just kidding!

I am 99% sure that it's the registry problem.This didn't happen when I cleaned my registry with the registry cleaner.I opened that program and I went on FILE->Windows Startup and there I accidently deleted all the registry entries by clicking CLEAR ENTRIES:dead: And it was total accident.I wanted to click CLOSE lol.And now I have no idea how to get it back:(
I mean I was lucky...I got everything back except that ******* bluetooth!:mad:
If anyone has the bluetooth installed and has the same icon as I showed on that image above,please tell me so I can at least hope that somebody else has it xD

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
its because you convert to fat 32 and do everything in dos.

god hates you.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol Squall-Leonhart.Sometimes I think the same thing.My past was terrible...I just don't know why me...ahh never mind.

Anyway those 3 shortcuts that I put in the Startup,I deleted them and created the new string value in the registry editor and wrote the program location from there and now they work a little bit better on startup.Just like before.:)Only that bluetooth still gives me crap!:mad:I will try to find that same software somewhere else and install it on my TEST computer and see the location of it's EXE file from there.If that won't work then I am f****d up...:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.