Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: my utorrent upload speed seems to cap at 250kb, when it should be around 750kb

Those are my ISP speeds. i cant seem to figure this one out :p

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its all configured to be unlimited though. same with allowing more users to connect, i think its at like 200 now.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Maybe your isp is throttling your torrent upload but not download activity.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Indeed and good point. :)

Does utorrent allow you to switch ports in its config? If so, change it to some other random port outside of the normal bittorrent range and adjust your firewalls accordingly.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Thanks, I remember reading a year or so ago about some american ISPs doing that. You could google up your isp+throttling and see what pops up.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Cap your upload speed to 650 or 675Kbps and see what happens. Sometimes uTorrent actually gives poorer speeds when its set to unlimited.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its at port 13776, i dont know what the normal range is for torrents. i just opened the port last night though, even though i always got green in utorrent. Plus, the data is encrypted.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
I've read it's better to use any port over 10,000, not sure if that actually has any element of truth to it though.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
forced

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.