1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im finally doing that upgrade ;)

celeron 466 -> Tbird 1.3Ghz 266bus ;)

is it a good choice?
now the main question, its likely that i will note a big diference in Photoshop speed, even if i maintain my Riva TNT2 ultra aint it?

·
Registered
310 Posts
a 1.3ghz is fin IMHO but its not always the processor that does the difference there's also the mobo that does most of the stuff. if you really need the upgrade now, try copying Pete's system configuration a real kick a$$ rig btw. but i you can still hold on to your dollars there's the nforce just over the horizon(a week ~ month or two from now): something t think about hmm.....

well its up to you

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inst the Nforce a Gforce2 integrated on the MOBO?
i think ill leave my Riva till Xmas and buy and ASUS mobo...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well the one you mentioned is fine. However the new one has support for faster chips.

ps Both are recommended for overclocking.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hum..
i dont think ill overclock it, for now ;)

what ill do is take the celeron and the board, build up a new pc from my 486 componentes and OC the celeron ;)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Whilst were on upgrading a bunch of friends and myself decided to order some more memory for our machines. We made 1 order to my address to save on the delivery charge. Hence I am currently looking at 2gb of ram. :cool:

Unfortunately only 256 of it is mine :(

Still its a laugh considering my first machine had only 4 mb!:eek:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Yep that motherboard will take pc100 no probs. In fact the A7V133 is based on via's KX133 chipset so it is able to take pc 133 too. You maybe better off with pc 133 (well in my local shop it's actually cheaper than pc100 due to excess supply)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well I think the best combination so far is an AMD T-Bird 1.3ghz,with an Asus motherboard.......wow.........and a 384 MB ram.........wow............and an Asus V6800 with Tvout and G-Force 256 DDR Chipset.........wow.........and a Creative Audigy..........fhhhheeeeeeeewwwwwwww........oh man.....I better go.......!

Ali

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag

now the main question, its likely that i will note a big diference in Photoshop speed, even if i maintain my Riva TNT2 ultra aint it?
Photochop rendering speed is wholly dependent on the CPU. A 1.3 T-Bird should do exceptionally well. However, you may want to get the new Palomino core, since it's equipped with Intel's SSE technology. SSE-optimized photoshop renders almost twice as fast.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
hum... i didnt want to throw out my 256 pc100 i have right now...
Oh right I thought you were looking to buy some:emb:.

Don't blame ya I keep all the old chips myself. This machine has 1x256 and 2x32 whereas the other has 2x64 and 1x32.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts