Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
For PC gaming? Yes, Though you may wish to aim a little higher. e.g. GTX275

For Emulation (Dolphin & PCSX2)? Somewhat. In many cases it can make little difference. Usually depends on the game.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For PC gaming? Yes, Though you may wish to aim a little higher. e.g. GTX275

For Emulation (Dolphin & PCSX2)? Somewhat. In many cases it can make little difference. Usually depends on the game.
mine is nearly full speed but the sound is only a bit laggy (just a little) but the Speed is awesome. probably upgrading just for that isn't worth it >_> unless of course it might be a dolphin problem hmm

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
If the sound is a bit laggy, then it's either your CPU isn't fast enough or it's a plugin problem. If it's Dolphin, then a future revision may fix it.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the sound is a bit laggy, then it's either your CPU isn't fast enough or it's a plugin problem. If it's Dolphin, then a future revision may fix it.
Well its a little bit but only in movie scenes , the movie scenes here they go normal but sound lags 1 second and gets up the other one kinda like frame skipping but in sound ... any ways we are running out of topic then so no really big difference occurred since geforce9500? mm

btw I don't see a point of upgrading unless its about Emulators XD
who (gamer) needs a high end pc just for 1 PC Game.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
9500GT is slightly better then the 8600GT
9800GT is slightly better then the 8800GT.

For PC gaming, hell yeah it worth it!

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Regardless, with a 9800GT you'll be able to bump up the resolution and graphics settings a lot more.

And it's only a matter of time before game requirements reach those similar to STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
I have been running a 9800GTX for a year now and it has not let me down when running any games as of yet!

I say if a 9800 is all you can afford then get it! But if you have the fuinds go for something like the GTX260 or newer

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
9500GT is slightly better then the 8600GT
9800GT is slightly better then the 8800GT.

For PC gaming, hell yeah it worth it!
9800GT is an 8800GT. They're identical with a different name.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Yeah! Its just like the 9800GTX+ and the GTX250

ie... exact same thing!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Just avoid the 9800Pro and 9800SE ;)

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Doom 3 does nothing to push a gpu now though!

I was running it reasonably well with onboard GPU 2 years ago!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.