Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I haven't been around for a few weeks, as I finished Chrono Cross and decided to buy Perfect Dark. I'm done with PD and ready to head onto FF9.

My question is this: I currently have epsxe 1.2 and plugins a generation or two back on the system. What is the most efficient way to upgrade? make backups of bios, memcards and savestates, and then uninstall the old programs and reinstall the new? Does anyone just copy the newer versions over one another? My main goal is to avoid multiple entries in the Add/Remove Programs menu, which piss me off.

Thanks.

PS. Did anyone ever collect the FF9 settings recommendations in one place? I consistently hear calls for it, but don't get the impression the requests have been fulfilled. Perhaps I'll do it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
bachlaw,
I think this is what you want to do. Download epsxe 1.40 and install to a temp folder. then just rename the "epsxe.exe" file to something like "epsxe140.exe" and copy it into your old epsxe folder. Now you can open epsxe140.exe with all your plugins in place. And I don't have any epsxe entries in add remove programs.
If you want to get all the newest plugins go to www.aldostools.com and download his plugin pack. Its up to date.
BTW there is no FF9 settings recomendations because alot of people have to configure in different ways to get it running well, but try if you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts