Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got my ps2 controller connected to the adaptoid...the result is better than i expected for being an 'old-school' type.

the adaptoid connects using the gameport on my sound board (sb live 7.1 surround)

the controller im using is a Nyco AirFlo XL geniune PS2 controller.
SIDE NOTE:
this controller has two plugs: one to the ps2 controller port, and one USB plug.
THE USB PLUG IS USED SOLEY FOR SUPPLYING POWER TO THE FAN INSIDE THE CONTROLLER. i have confirmed that.

when i set it up using game controllers on control panel, i could only get one control stick and the four buttons (triangle, circle, square, x) to pick up.

SO

this probably means i need a generic gameport driver that supports at least 14 buttons and 2 control sticks.
OR
i need a new adaptiod (which really isnt an option for where i live)

anyone who knows where i can get a generic driver for a 14 button, dualstick controller- i would greatly appreciate any help you have in finding it

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ignore everything i have said before. this is to make everything perfectly clear:

i have an adaptoid for sure for sure. it handles both PSX/PS2 and N64.

i definatley need an adaptoid driver. its the ORIGINAL Smart Joypad that uses the gameport on the soundcard.

driverguide.com does not have anything that can help me.
googleing has led me nowhere

so, i ask any user who reads this to please look for a plugin for a Smart Joypad that connects using your computers gameport..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bluekirby0 said:
See if a Sony official PS or preferably PS2 controller works in it.
its a PS2 controller. made by Nyco.
the controller partly works when i installed it using just the basic options under Control Panel's "Game Controllers" area.

i only got 4 buttons to work. the rest dont respond, or just map to eachother (eg: L1 = X, L2 = Triangle).

what i need is something to override the default options in game controllers. or just a driver that supports 2 sticks, a POV (digital) pad, and 13 buttons.

any help?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The adapter was designed to work with Sony Dualshock and/or Dualshock 2 controllers. If you have a pad actually made by sony, try it out and see if it works. There are subtle differences in the inner-workings of controllers made by different manufacturers, and the USB may also be used as a power supply for a part other than the fans. I have had problems using the Sony PSOne controller with adapters as well, but it might have been a fluke. My Pelican branded wireless controller does not work correctly with either my PS2->PC adapter, or my PS2->Gamecube adapter, but my Dualshock 2 works flawlessly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. all i gotta do is take the controller back to where i got it and trade it in for a geniune PSX controller.
the place where i got it (the Nyco controller) deals used stuff anyway (but they make sure it works before they resell it).

and ill bet ill have better luck once i get the TRUE controller.
if not, ill be back here b*tching about it.

until then, i still need help finding drivers for the old-Smart Joypad that uses the gameport.
thanks go out to everyone!

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts