Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching forums for a few hours and I've been able to work out most of my kinks.

However, there is one that is still unresolved. I was able to get the battle menus to show. But that only lead to another problem. I'm not able to actually select anything on the menu. If I attempt to make a selection, it simply cancels out of the menu and moves on to the next person with a full ATB gauge.

I was able to determine that if I am pressing the key down when the menu appears, it will select "Attack." But because 'X' must be pressed before the menu even appears, there is no opportunity to make other choices, such as using magic or items.

I haven't been able to find a post about a problem like this anywhere.
I am using ePSXe 1.7. I've tried a few GPUs with several different config settings. I'm running the game via an ISO. And for convenience, I am loading from a memcard before the second battle (on stage during the play).

Anyone have any suggestions or guesses as to what would be causing the problem?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you might have some keys double-mapped by accident, check and make sure you do not because if you have the "confirm" command and the "cancel" command mapped to the same key for example, they will cancel each other's effects out or conflict with each other when you attempt to select one.

for your case its possible that you might have the "skip turn" command and the "confirm" command paired together, which would explain why it switches to another character when you try and select anything during another character's turn.

edit- just in case its needed, can you post info on the input device you are using and possibly a screenshot of your pad config menu?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that turned out to be the case.

I actually feel kind of stupid for it being such a stupid problem. I guess it happened when I was still futzing wit everything trying to get the other glitches worked out. I had gone half way into changing to a new button mapping, then must have changed my mind.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts