Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, long story short, I downloaded x360ce (version 4.17.15.0) trying to get a "Generic USB Gamepad" to work in Steam for some games that require a different controller and it didn't work. I used the "Download for all games" link on the homepage.

The big problem is, even after removing x360ce from my computer, including the C:\\ProgramData\X360CE folder as explained here, my gamepad now still shows up in Steam as an "xbox One Controller" and gets interpreted as such. This means that all other games which previously worked fine with my Generic USB Gamepad now won't recognize it anymore.

I just want to revert things to how they were before I installed x360ce, what else do I need to do besides removing the files I mentioned? I assume it has to do with some xinput files in the Steam folder, but I don't want to mess with that unless I know exactly which files I need.

The "Uninstallation" section on the homepage also mention a "x360ce.ini" file, but I haven't found one, the folder I extracted only had the exe file.

I would really like to get this fixed by Monday, so any help is very much appreciated!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I panicked - it looks like the issues about my generic USB controllers not working anymore as described above were actually a consequence of me enabling "Generic USB Gamepad Support" in the Steam controller settings as another effort to get Steam to accept my controllers in all games. After disabling that option, my controllers work like normal again.

It's still a bit annoying that those controllers are now being read as xbox One controllers in Steam, but whatever - the important thing is that they are working again.

If anyone knows how to get this minor thing fixed, feel free to let me know, but this is not an urgent issue anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts