Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up till this point, the rendering has been fine, but there is a part in the game where you are underwater and a ripple effect is added to the screen. This effect seens to be causing some problems and wrapping parts of the screen onto the other side. It's a little dizzying. Is there any easy way to correct for this? I'll try and post some pictures (the machine I play the game on doesn't have internet access).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was hard enough to find a plug in that worked this far into the game, others have made the graphics horribly blurry or drawn black boxes around the text, ive tried many and this is the best I could find for this game, but no go underwater

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
then try a different emulator like psx or pcsx.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, maybe this a too late for my respond.

Until today. Those Open GL plugs ( Pets's and P.E.OP.S. Gl graphics ) can't afford for to make the water effects effectively.
I've tried for my self for years for to make it work. But is useless. Unless if you use on the ePSXe the P.E.OP.S Software drive ( the PSX real graphics ) It works perfect the whole game.

On another emulators such PCSX - RELOADED. It's the same as the ePSXe because it uses the same GPU plugins. And of course it may not work well.

Although. At the PSXfin emulator. It works great but, you can't finish the game. If you kill Sarah for the last time. You can't see the last cinema and credits i'm afraid. Even it won't let you to save the results for to get a another new game with a different kind of difficulty.

The only emulator of choice, if you want to play the MegaMan Legends 2 game at it's fullest without any flaws. Is ePSXE, but using only the P.E.OP.S Software drive.

I'm sorry.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm sorry i don't have it, but i have a saved state for the fullest game. With all the difficulty options unlocked. But, you can download it at http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197897-mega-man-legends-2/saves Search for the PSX saved games of course. Because there is a PS3 deskdrive saved state or something.

Of course, those PSX saved games are for only the US version, not for the another version ones. If you got another region version of that game, you can use an a Memory Card Manager for to change the region codes from your memory cards, and all it's works pretty well. ( because i did it before )

Don't forget to convert those .GME files onto .MCR files, because all the PSX emulators read those formats pretty well.

At the Youtube videos. I hadn't saw them before, but i think, if those people are playing the PSX version of this game. Maybe they are using the Pete's OpenGL Driver 2.9 or something, because, that plugin can manage shaders and another interesting stuff. But you'll need a very good and modern computer if you want on try to open your game using that kind of Video Plug.

At on my own. I'm sorry, i got an slower machine, and i weren't able to use that Plug because of that. But i'll manage to make a lot of things works pretty well on my machine. Even greater than i thought.

Continuing at the Youtube videos. Maybe those people are running the PC version of that game. If you ask. The US version doesn't exist, it was cancelled, only exist the Japanese version. Rockman Dash 2.
Once i got it in the past, but on to this day i don't have it anymore. And it's very difficult to find that version.

Sorry if i won't help you, hope if that information that i gave you, may helped you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.