• We will see about that.

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uncharted 2 graphics rival real life
If one thing is certain about Uncharted 2, it's that the graphics engine is one of the most magnificent engines crafted to date. Far surpassing the original Uncharted in graphical terms, Naughty Dog is showing what kind of potential there is waiting in the PS3 for developers to tap. Finally, we have a game that we can truly call photo-realistic. Uncharted 2 is setting a new graphical plateau for developers to achieve.

Graphics aside, you can clearly tell Naughty Dog took a lot of time to create such a true to life vision of Kathmandu. With minor details matching so perfectly, you really have to stop and think about the amount of time Naughty Dog took to make sure everything matched up with the real environment. This is dedication on a grand scale.

Source

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Looks good. Still... isn't able to produce accurate outdoor lighting.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
lol yeah thats what i hoped crysis looked like. too bad you cant even get those graphics settings ingame.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
The problem with most screenshots shown in this thread is that they were most likely taken at very high resolution, then downsized.

This usually results in screens looking much better than they really do, since everything looks crisper (and you kinda hide any aliasing there may be).

Also, the first two screens of uncharted are pretty misleading. Half of what you see is a 2D background, the rest is the top of buildings + the character. And since those are seen from afar on top of being downsized... Yeah, misleading.

It's still a really good looking game tho, that's for sure, it just feels like the article has too much of a boner for the game.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Thanakil doesn't know about Super Sampling.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
super sampling prevents aliasing entirely :p

Renders the image internally at twice the external resolution and then scales back to the external res.

....i hope the G300 is actually powerful enough to do it.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
To be honest, the graphics beats any PS3 games even MGS4, but the gameplay is so LAME. If you played Tomb Raider games you'll know what i'm talking about.
It probably won't compare to the overall presentation of MGS4.

Still Its on my want list as long as the gameplay holds out. I might as well buy the first and second one :p.

Looks good. Still... isn't able to produce accurate outdoor lighting.
IF it did graphic hoes would probably complain about flat lighting. :drool:

Over saturation is also a culprit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.