Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little bit confused by this error in PSXeven. Right now, I have Suikoden, and Suikoden II. When I attempt to run Suikoden, it runs well, I get the intro screen, menus, etc... but when I attempt to run Suikoden II, I gets a black screen and nothing else for several minutes, and when hitting Escape, I get that error message in PSXeven.

I tried making an image of the CD, and then running off of that image, but I get the same error, so it's probably not a scratched CD. At least I hope not.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
well for one, PSX-EXE files are just demo things...not an ISO or a CD that you'd play.

what CD plugin are you using?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Blargh. I think I figured out what the issue was. It didn't click right away when you mentioned the demo thing, but it did now. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me to I'm running v0.19 and when I put in a cd and click on run cd it runs for a few seconds then just sits there and I hit the Esc key and I find in the window saying:

WARNING: Unable to locate psx executable.

Ok I'm LOST, hehe

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
what CD plugin are you using? what game are you trying to play?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The default cd plugin that comes with it: --> cdrXeven.dll version 1.0.0.1
And I've tried 3 games so far, 'Metal Gear Solid', 'Syphon Filter2' & 'Fear Effect' and I get the same warning for all the games, and I have the bios scph1001.bin, and I'm using offical PS cd's I purchased and they are clean and scratch free, like new ;)

Version 0.18 & 0.19 both do the samething.

What is a psx executable, I mean if there is suppose to be a PSX.exe file in the PS CD then these 2 games don't have this file, and what is the 'Run PSX-exe' tab for?

By the way while we are on the subject what also is the 'Run PSF' tab?

THANKS

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
ok that is a strange version of the plugin, the newest is 0.93, you can get it here: http://batard.psxfanatics.com/

if that doesnt work, try Sapu's (also autoconfigures) or Peops (best, you cna change options).

a PSX-EXE is a demo type file, i used to have a bunch of them...basically, they are homebrew games. they arent retail games. for that, you either run CD or ISO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes 0.93 is what I have I mean thats what comes with the latest version of PSXeven, my bad I was talking about the file version under the properties. None of the plugins work. Sapu's or Peops. PSXeven isn't looking to good at the moment. :(

I mean what gives here, I can't get anything to work with this, hmm where's that wall so I can bang my head on it, LOL ---> :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
did you do autodetect for Sapu's and Xeven's plugins? (as opposed to just picking options).

have you tried ePSXe, SSSPSX or PCSX?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I always go with default settings first and Sapu's complained 'Can't initialize read mode' so I played with it but no good didn't work and just crashed, same with Peops just eventually crashed PSXeven.

ePSXe is the only one I've used but it did't work as nice as I'd like, and I thought since PSXeven is a current project where ePSXe hasn't had a release in almost 2 years I thought I'd give it a try but it's not working that's for sure.

I mean what's going on here, it just can't seem to run real retail Playstation CD's very well?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
make sure you're NOT using ASPI mode..you want to use IOCTL read.

and what was wrong with ePSXe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Done That

hushypushy said:
make sure you're NOT using ASPI mode..you want to use IOCTL read.

and what was wrong with ePSXe?

I've tried all sorts of different settings nothing works. Well again I just thought that maybe PSXeven would be better but so far it won't run anything, so far this program is looking alot worse then ePSXe.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
i urge you to be a little more specific, otherwise i can't really help you man. what's wrong with ePSXe? you arent having "unable to locate psx executable" problems of course, but what other problems are you having? what are your computer specs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
ePSXe only has worked for me in Linux. Yesterday I tried running it in XP, and it didn't run, then I tried PCSX and it didnt work, so for me 3 of them are not working.

For all of them I click 'Run CD' and it runs for a few seconds the playstation screen comes up and thats it. With ePSXe it started the SquareOne screen for a game Syphon Filter2 and then the game intro started running but it was like in fast forward running fast, then I played with the settings and then it wouldn't run anymore, not even when I put everything back to default nothing started anymore.

My PC Specs:

AMD XP 3000+
1gb PC3200 DDR400
160gb Maxtor Diamond 10
Geforce FX5200
Creative Audigy LS

Personally I give up the emus for Windows all run like crap. Linux was the best for me with ePSXe.I think I'll just stick to PC games on my box and for PS just play them on the console.

But maybe later PSXeven will get better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I just took out my old Slackware slackpack I compiled 'epsxe-1.6.0-i486-6.tgz' Untarred it and I'm using Gentoo at the moment, fired up epsxe set the confguration for sound, cdrom, etc.. and the damm thing runs In Linux once again but can't seem to get it going at all in XP. Well thats Linux for you, personally I think for those that run it in Windows think it runs great you have not seen anything till you have run it in Linux.

Oh Well I guess for now I'll just stick to it in Linux. :)

In Gentoo here is the complete List of Emus available for it.

[email protected] /usr/portage/games-emulation $ ls

advancemame dosbox-cvs gngeo hugo mupen64-blight-tr64gl pcsx2 psemu-gpupetexgl2 stella
advancemenu emutos gnomame infones mupen64-blight-uhleaudio ps2emu-cddvdlinuz psemu-padjoy tuxnes
advancescan epsxe gnomeboyadvance kigb mupen64-glN64 ps2emu-cdvdiso psemu-padxwin vgba
atari800 fakenes gnuboy kvisualboyadvance mupen64-glide64 ps2emu-dev9null psemu-peopssoftgpu virtualjaguar
boycott-advance-sdl fbzx goosnes mamory mupen64-jttl_sound ps2emu-gssoft psemu-peopsspu visualboyadvance
caps fceultra grustibus mastergear-bin mupen64-riceplugin ps2emu-padxwin psemu-spunull xmame
daphne game-launcher gsnes9x mekanix neopocott ps2emu-spu2null qmamecat xmess
darcnes gcube gtuxnes metadata.xml nestra psemu-cdr qtvba yabause
dboxfe generator gxmame mupen64 nwwine psemu-cdriso raine zinc
dgen-sdl gens handy mupen64-alsasnd openmsx psemu-eternalspu snes9express zsnes
dosbox gngb hatari mupen64-blight-input pcsx psemu-gpupetemesagl snes9x

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
well, ePSXe is pretty simple...you dont even need a pad plugin.

if you want to use it iwth windows, try OpenGL 1.76 for graphics (nice preset), Eternal 1.41 for sound (standard config is fine), and Sapu's or Xeven's for CD (auto config). simple...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been using it for years in Linux and I tried many plugins in Windows but it never ran for me or well in Windows compared to Linux. So as far as trying any further in Windows I give up. It runs very good in Linux so that is where I'll just run it is all.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
hm, strange. well as long as you've got it going in Linux, i suppose you're set.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts