Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once i added the dxd3d_26.dll and dbghelp.dll next to the .exe file. I ran the emulator with streetfighter explus a inserted. But i get the following error
'unable to initialize D3D'
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
21 Posts
clouds bro said:
Once i added the dxd3d_26.dll and dbghelp.dll next to the .exe file. I ran the emulator with streetfighter explus a inserted. But i get the following error
'unable to initialize D3D'
Can anyone help?
the problem is that what you have to do is to install the lastest DX redistributable, then the dxd3d_26.dll will be installed and it'll run nice, but remember that you need to use an iso =P
you can get it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fa-0e3c-4837-afc0-6c67dcaa54bf&DisplayLang=en

seeya

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well, I hav a dialup connection and it will take 6 hours to download that file:)
is there any other way to just get the files i need in a smaller .zip or .rar file??

Afterwards...
Ok i have got the files and installed directX Runtime components as well as DirectX9.0 but i still get the error message. I also ran a dxdiag and saw that i have a d3dx8.dll as well as a d3dx9.dll file on my system, can there be a conflict between previous directX versions?

EDIT I have tried using psxemulator v1.1 but that is still bringing the same problem....

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
clouds bro said:
well, I hav a dialup connection and it will take 6 hours to download that file:)
is there any other way to just get the files i need in a smaller .zip or .rar file??

Afterwards...
Ok i have got the files and installed directX Runtime components as well as DirectX9.0 but i still get the error message. I also ran a dxdiag and saw that i have a d3dx8.dll as well as a d3dx9.dll file on my system, can there be a conflict between previous directX versions?

EDIT I have tried using psxemulator v1.1 but that is still bringing the same problem....
what video card?? have seen reports that cards like built in Intel will not work, get that error cause they don't support 32 bit color....

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
when u run dxdiag, does it say dx9.0c?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
What video card do you have?
Have you installed the latest Dx 9 updates?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Ok:
What OS are you running?
What version of catalyst?
What version of pSX?
Can you at least launch the bios?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.