Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem for months now.

Whenever I try to download an attachment, I get this message:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Even though I am logged in, and even after filling the username and password fields, I still get the same message after logging in. I thought it could be a cookie issue on my end, so I tried downloading it with Opera, but same result. Its interesting to note though, that this doesn't occur with pictures, I can click on the thumbnail and get the full view in their case. In the case of other file formats, it doesn't just occur with one attachment, but any, take the one in this post for example.

Sounds like an access privilege issue to me, but I don't think any other people in the award winner or translator group are facing this, why only me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,394 Posts
Hmm I checked your forum permissions and they look fine. I specifically checked your permissions for the "Web development / Programming" forum and you should be able to view and post attachments.....

EDIT: and I just tested with my test account the same usergroups as you and was able to download the attachment just fine.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
it seems the award winner group causes issues all around. Schumi has issues with post reporting.... who knows what other issues there could be.

It might be create a second awards group, set it to the same overall settings then delete the old. it might be old sql data or something.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chrono, but its not just in the Web Development Section, its everywhere. I was hampered by this problem just yesterday in the bin as well, and in the OD a few months ago.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aww...man! I thought this'd solve the problem! But it hasn't :(oO Still get the very same error. Its giving the same error with Safari Browser as well.

Seems like it isn't related to faulty group privileges :(

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
gamefreak, jump onto msn soon.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tomorrow morning hopefully. Too damn sleepy to converse with others without making myself look like an idiot XD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.