Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
heh, i find it very ironic that microsoft, with their xbox360 commercials, purposely pushes the "jump in" slogan and the idea of everyone you know playing all at once together....yet they purposely held back shipments of 360s just to increase the demand and make it "elite".

MS is retarded.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
ya i saw that awhile ago. definitely a sales booster in my opinion. to bad it was banned.

edit: two o's

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
This commercial is difinitely funny... I understand why its banned since its like giving Xbox a kinda bad publicity by promoting violence on its console games... but I give this one a thumbs up

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
how so??? i thought this ad was very well done and although you probably wouldn't have that much fun on an xbox360 its still a cool commercial.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Is it me... or do launch commericials for Xbox's always get banned. Like that one with the little kid flying through the air and aging to eventually land in his grave.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because commericals being banned generates more publicity and product awareness than they would have if they had been allowed to go on being aired. Like they say, any publicity is good publicity.
You maybe right, but still banned ones doesn't reach every one ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
cloudvii said:
You maybe right, but still banned ones doesn't reach every one ;)
But you do get to read an article in the newspaper stating a commercial has been banned, followed by the reasons and a short description what was the actual point of the commercial, thus promoting the Xbox for free ;)

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
The advert Vanit referenced: the guy flying through the air from birth to death was better ... and also banned. It's obvious this was made to cause controversy, as it doesn't really make me want to buy a 360, compared to all the badass PSX ones of old that just screamed "you want to buy this."

Also: the number of people in that advert are probably the same number of people that actually managed to get a console.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Actually the commercial wasn't banned. It simply got leaked on the internet before Microsoft released it on television. I believe it's going to air sometime this Jauary February, so watch out for it ;)

Joystiq did a report on it some time ago, i'll try and find the link. Their search function sucks.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Bad ad or good ad, I don care. Its a treat to watch and really enjoyable. Since it won't convince me to buy an XBOX, its purpose of advertisement kinda fails. However, the clip in itself is hilarious. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.